How To Find And Add Someone On Snapchat On iPhone And Android
Snapchat is one of the most unique and engaging social media platforms today. This service offers plenty of fun filters to enhance your posts – from dog ears to floating hearts – and even geotags to commemorate special events or locations you visit. In this article, you will learn how to find and add someone on Snapchat on iPhone and Android.
Finding people on Snapchat is easy and can be done on your iPhone or Android in three different ways.
Here’s everything you need to know to find someone on Snapchat:
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/find-and-add-someone-on-snapchat/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-28T22:12:16.000Z
- On your phone’s home screen, locate and tap the Snapchat icon to open the app.
- In the top left-hand corner of your screen, tap your profile icon, which may appear as a Bitmoji.
- Just below your profile information, tap the “Find friends on Snapchat” button, which will lead you to sync your phone’s contacts to the Snapchat app.
- Next, you’ll be required to confirm that you want to find your friends by syncing your contacts. Click the blue Continue button to proceed.
- A pop-up will appear asking for Snapchat to access your contacts. Choose”OK” to allow this.
- Open the app and tap the magnifying glass/ search button at the top of the screen.
- In the search bar, type the name or username of the user you wish to search for.
- You’ll see suggestions once you’ve typed the first tree letter.
- Keep typing if the user doesn’t appear.
- Press the ‘Add’ button when you find the user you’ve been looking for.
- You can also press the ‘View More’ button to see other users with a similar username if you don’t remember the exact one.
Don’t miss: How To Find Your Post Draft In Facebook App
Every user has a unique Snapcode, and these Snapcodes can be used to add anyone of your choice.
- Launch Snapchat by tapping the app’s icon on your phone’s home screen.
- Now, go to camera mode (the screen which displays the camera for you to take photos or videos).
- Ask the user to open their Snapchat app and find their Snapcode by tapping on their profile icon in the upper left-hand corner of the app. The yellow box with the dots and their icon is their Snapcode.
- Point your camera to the user’s Snapcode and tap and hold the screen for a few seconds before letting go.
- The camera should automatically scan the Snapcode and locate their account.
- Tap Add Friend to add the person to your Snapchat contacts list.
Note: You don’t necessarily need to be with someone to scan their Snapcode. A screenshot or photo of their Snapcode can also be scanned by your phone to locate their Snapchat account.