Can Alexa Record Audio And Playback? – If you own an Amazon Echo, chances are you’re fully aware of the convenience it offers.
While the convenience it offers is undisputed, there is a big question on many people’s minds.
Some users can help but ask, “is Alexa tracking what I’m saying?”. If you’re one such user, this article answers your question.
Can Alexa Record And Playback
Alexa records each of the words you say when commanding Alexa. In fact, you can see all the things you’ve said by using the Alexa app on iOS or Android. You can also go to alexa.amazon.com to listen to what you’ve said to Alexa thus far.
Does Alexa Record Audio All the Time?
Alexa always listens even if you are not directly communicating when it is not kept on mute.
Unsurprisingly, quite a few consumers find it intrusive that Alexa always listens to what they say.
Does Amazon use these voice assistants to track consumers’ behavior and send similar results along the way, you might ask.
Yes, Amazon uses these voice assistants to track consumers’ behavior. This is a practice that big tech companies such as Amazon and Google have been doing for years. In fact, Google and Amazon are not the only companies that do this. Home and Echo are essentially doing the same thing, but with snippets of your voice rather than search queries.
How Do Home Voice Assistants Work?
When connected to the internet, every time you make a voice request to your Alexa devices, it records an audio clip. The device sends the files to a server to process the audio file and create a response. By default, the recorded clips are stored and associated with your account.
An Alexa device or any voice assistant can only understand a few simple words on its own without using an internet connection. These words are usually the wake words or activation words.
How To Delete Alexa Recordings
There are two easy ways to delete the Alexa recordings. You can do so by asking Alexa to do it for you. Simply say, “Alexa, delete everything I said today,” or “Alexa, delete everything I have entirely.” If that doesn’t work, you or you can delete the recordings yourself via the app.
- Open the Alexa app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Go to Settings from the menu bar.
- Find Alexa Privacy and then find Review Voice history.
- To delete them, tap on the square boxes beside each recording. Tick the ones you want to delete. Select all if you want to delete all of them.
- Now, go to the top of the screen and tap on ‘delete selected recordings’ to delete them.
- You would see ‘Delete all recordings’ on top of the screen if you selected all of them. Press it to delete them.
- How to Fix It When Alexa Is ‘Having Trouble Understanding Right Now’
- What to Do to Fix it When Alexa Not Responding
- How To Change Alexa Voice On Your Amazon Echo
- Here Are 10 Best Things You Can Do With The Amazon Echo (Alexa)