If you’re not a native English speaker, or even if you’re from a certain part of the United States or the UK, then Alexa might not sound like you. In this tutorial, we will be giving out a walkthrough on how to change the Alexa voice on your Amazon Echo.
Are you having trouble with Alexa’s language? Then, you’ve come to the right place. Not to worry, as you can easily modify Alexa’s settings to suit your taste. From Chinese to Italian, you get various options to choose from.
Amazon has also recently added celebrity voices that you can buy for your Echo. Celebrities like actor Samuel L. Jackson can do things like tell jokes and give basic weather reports.
How To Change Alexa’s Language And Accent
To change Alexa’s language or accent, launch the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. Then navigate through:
- Launch the Alexa app on your phone or tablet. If you don’t already have the Alexa app, you can download it from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Then select More. You will find this next to the three-line icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Next, select Settings.
- Then tap Device Settings.
- Choose the Alexa device you want to change the voice of. Unfortunately, you can only change the language and accent of your Alexa devices one at a time.
- Then scroll down and select language.
- Next, select the language or accent you want to change Alexa’s voice to. Unfortunately, there are only a few English accents that you can choose between, including Canada, India, Australia, and the UK.
- Then tap “OK” if prompted. You might see a pop-up that warns you about some capabilities that may not be supported if you choose a language that does not match your Amazon account.
- Finally, tap OK. It will take a few minutes for the language to change on your Alexa device.
- How To Easily Tame A Horse In Minecraft
- Here Are Top 10 Minecraft House Ideas For Beginners
- How To Change Alexa’s Name And Voice
- How to Craft and Use a Beacon in ‘Minecraft’