Alexa is one of the most used and popular voice assistants ever known, and sometimes you might be experiencing downtime of it. However, there is various type of reasons for its downtime. In this article, we will be talking about what to do to fix it when Alexa is not responding.
The virtual assistant may have issues recognizing your commands, a problem with your internet connection, or a minor glitch on your Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
Regardless of the cause, you are reading this walkthrough to get your Alexa voice back to work. There are several ways to get around Alexa issues, and this guide covers some of those ways for you.
What to Do to Fix it When Alexa is Not Responding
Method 1: Checking the Microphone Button
Checking the microphone button will be our first fix method to try out. First, check if your device is ON because it will not respond to your voice command whenever it is Off. Next, confirm if the power of the microphone is on. After that, you will only have to press the power button.
Don’t miss: How to Check Data Usage on Wi-Fi Router
Method 2: Summon Alexa Clearly
Alexa is one of the best voice assistants in this new era doesn’t mean it can ear and under your words every time you’re giving a command. Sometimes, when you wake up, you’ll notice it is hard to recognize your voice or understand your terms due to other voices around you.
It would help if you said the correct wake word to grab Alexa’s attention and make sure there’s not too much noise around you.
Method 3: Restarting The Alexa Device
Restarting a device can get rid of glitches and any other error reports. Here are the steps to follow to restart your device.
- Simultaneously press both volumes up and down button twice.
- You’ll notice a flashing LED to confirm that the device is working but not responding to voice prompts.
- Then, unplug the device from the box and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, reboot the device and connect to wi-fi.
- Turn the power on and see if Alexa responds to your voice.
- 11 Best Smartphone Apps for Learning in 2022
- Top 5 Best Internet Browsers for 2022
- Can Alexa Record Audio And Playback? Find Out Here
- How to Fix HTTP 400 Bad Request Error