In this guide, we talk about removing the ‘Sent from my iPhone’ signature In Mail.
Nearly a decade ago, iPhone users were excited to tell people that they had got on the smartphone bandwagon with their first iDevice. Apple iPhone includes “Sent from my iPhone” at the end of every email sent from their mobile device, and Apple was pleased with the viral marketing technique it had created for its latest device.
Now, with so many people sporting Apple smartphones, you might feel that you want something else as your sign-off. However, it’s incredibly easy to change this on both iPhones and iPads, allowing you to enter whatever preferred wisdom floats your boat.
How to Remove the ‘Sent from My iPhone’ Signature
This method applies to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, though we’ll focus on the iPhone for obvious reasons:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Signature.”
- Tap “Clear,” or select all the text and delete it manually.
- Finally, change or remove the Sent From My iPhone email signature.
Note: This can be reenabled just by reentering into those same settings, but you can also customize the Mail signature to something else if that’s what you’d instead do. However, changing this will remove the default Apple signature from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Also read: How To Sync Yahoo Mail with Mac Mail
This method is dedicated to iPad users if there is a slight difference in how Apple arranges settings on iPhone and iPad.
If you want to have individual messages for each of your email addresses (provided you have multiple ones), choose the Per Account option and enter each signature in the relevant box.
- On the home screen of your iPad, tap on Settings.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Scroll down and tap on Signature
- Tap the words “Sent from my iPad” and edit it to anything you like (or delete it completely).
- Tap on Home to save your changes and exit from the Settings menu.
- How To Easily Import iPhone Contacts Into Gmail
- Yahoo Mail Is Not Receiving Emails? Fix Now!
- How To Easily Fix Mail For iOS App Glitches And Crashes
- Gmail Not Working On iPhone? Fix Now!
- How to forward an email as an attachment