It’s a good habit to back up the important files on your iPhone before an iOS update. However, syncing iPhone contacts to Gmail is always good when it comes to making a copy of the contacts on your device. Unfortunately, moving contacts between phones or your email is not that easy. It was such a problem that carriers now offer to do this for you, though many find that either not all of their contacts transfer over or end up with many duplicates. edThis guide highlights four methods to import iPhone contacts into Gmail in this guide.
Method 1: Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail via Syncios
Google allows you to import contacts from the computer to Gmail as long as they are CSV files or vCard files. Gmail is a well-known app owned by Google itself, and Syncios Manager is free software on your PC that allows you to complete this job easily. Follow the highlighted steps below to carry out the transfer of iPhone contacts to Gmail using Syncios Manager:
- Download and Install iPhone Manager on your PC.
- Create a connection between your computer and your iPhone/iPad, then launch Syncios iPhone Manager. This will take a while for Syncios to download iOS-related services for you.
- Keep your device unlocked, and click “Trust this computer” on your device screen.
- Click Information from the top panel, and you will see the Contacts, Messages, and Call History of your iPhone.
- Then click the Contacts icon, and you will find those options: New, Recover, Backup, Save and Delete. To extract your contacts and then transfer them to Gmail, please select Backup.
- Choose Backup selected contacts or Backup all contacts from the drop-down list, and then choose to vCard File option to copy the contacts to your PC.
- Sign in to your Gmail account. Then, in the left sidebar of the Gmail window, click Gmail.
- Click Contacts and More. You will see the drop-down menu and choose Import.
- After that, a pop-up window will show up. Click Choose File and import CSV File to Gmail.
Note: This guide is also applicable to CVS files as well. For users who want to backup to CVS files supported by Gmail contacts, follow the same steps to perform a backup.
Method 2: Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail via iCloud
Although this method involves more steps than the others. Many users have proved the effectiveness of using iCloud to export your iPhone contacts to Gmail. Additionally, since you may encounter “iPhone contacts not syncing to Gmail” while using Settings or iTunes, using iCloud is detailed first among the three ways. Here’s how:
- Tap the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- Next, tap your Apple account at the top of the screen.
- Now Tap iCloud to enter iCloud settings.
- Enable Contact Sync with iCloud, and make sure the slider bar for the “Contacts” category is enabled (green).
- Make sure your iCloud account is always synced with your iPhone.
- Navigate to iCloud.com, enter your Apple ID credentials, and click the sign-in arrow.
- Click the Contacts Icon.
- Select a contact. You can also hit Ctrl+A (on a PC) or CMD+A (on a Mac) to select all contacts.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select Export vCard. A .vcf file will download.
- Launch Gmail Contacts. If Google sends you to the Material Design version (which has a thick blue banner), click “Go to the old version” in the right menu.
- Tap import Contacts from the left menu.
- Click Choose File.
- Choose the file that you just downloaded from iCloud and click Open. It will likely be found in your “Downloads” folder on a PC or Mac.
- Click “Import” to bring your contacts into Gmail. After a quick upload, your contact(s) will be available in Gmail’s address book.
After following all these steps, you’ll notice all iPhone contacts imported to your Gmail account.
Also read: Yahoo Mail Is Not Receiving Emails? Fix Now!
Method 3: Import iPhone contacts to Gmail via iTunes
This is another way to import contacts into your Gmail using iTunes. Using iTunes is another way to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail without iCloud. If you have turned on iCloud contacts on your iPhone, you need to disable them before following the steps below to transfer iPhone contacts to Gmail.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
- Get your iPhone connected to your computer via USB cable and start iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Tap the “device” icon and choose “Info.”
- You need to turn off the iCloud contacts option on your iPhone to see the “Sync Contacts with” option.
- Keep the option selected. From the drop-down menu, choose Google Contacts, then follow the onscreen instructions to sync your iPhone contacts to Google Gmail.
Method 4: Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail via Settings
The following method is performed on Phone 8 Plus running iOS 12. Sometimes you have duplicates in your Contacts folder. Duplicates can be created when you import many new contacts into Outlook and have existing contacts with the same name or email address.
Suppose you intend to export iPhone contacts to Gmail using Settings without involving iCloud or iTunes. Then, you can not only import your iPhone contacts to Gmail but also sync Gmail contacts to your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Scroll down to choose “Passwords & Accounts.”
- Click “Add Account” and tap on “Google.”
- Enter your email and password as required, then click “Next.”
- Once your account is successfully verified, click “Save.”
- Turn on Contacts to sync your iPhone contacts to Gmail, then choose “Save” again.
- How To Easily Fix Mail For iOS App Glitches And Crashes
- Gmail Not Working On iPhone? Fix Now!
- How to forward an email as an attachment