In this article, we will be explaining what ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error In Google Chrome is,and ways to fix them.
Google Chrome exhibits different types of errors when connecting to a requested site.
What Is ERR_CONNECTION_RESET?
Chrome is like a bridge between a computer and the webserver to fetch the requested webpage.
A possible error like ERR_CONNECTION_RESET can occur during the connection process between the computer and web server.
This error shows that something halted the process and reset the connection, then you will see an error like:
You can easily resolve the issue by restarting the chrome or the computer and reload the page successfully. Or better still, keeping reading for more solution.
Don’t miss: What Is VSync: Everything You Need To Know
How Can You Fix The “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” Error?
we’ve provided 7 solutions that may resolve your connection issues.
1. Check Website And Browser/System (Use Another Browser Apart From Chrome)
You should check the effectiveness of the website you want access before rectifying the error problems as it may has something to do with the website itself and not your browser or use another browser
You can do this by accessing another website to see if it doesn’t result in a 101 error, only then you can confirm if the error is from the website or your browser.
If you have done these different tests and have come to the conclusion that the error is probably something to do with the website operator, you should contact them. By doing this, you can make them aware of the problem or obtain information on what has been done already to fix the problem.
2. Check The Proxy Settings
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error In Google Chrome
Another reason for this error is the proxy settings, a proxy server has been defined in the internet settings and maybe blocking the connection setup.
Examine the proxy settings and deactivate proxy access if needed.
Follow these steps below to deactivate your proxy access.
- Open the control panel.
- Select “Internet Options.”
- Switch to the “Connections” tab .
- Click on the “LAN settings” button:
- Then you will see your system current proxy settings under the Proxy Server category.
- Deactivate it by in checking the box.
- Click On “OK” and access the website again.
3. Clear The Browser Cache In Chrome
It is very important to clear cache of your browser as it may hinder the connection process, not only cache and cookies but also data from websites you’ve visited.
Doing this can solve the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET issue, To fix the “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET“ error, set a check mark next to all available categories.
Select “All time” option in the “Time range.” This way you can clear the entire cache at a go when you click on “CLEAR DATA” at the end.
Don’t miss: How To Use Bumble: Everything You Need To Know
4. Delete Winsock Catalog Entries
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error In Google Chrome
- Open the start menu via the Windows icon,
- Select “All programs”
- Select “Accessories.”
- Then Right-click on “Command Prompt” and use the “Run as administrator” function.
- You can enter the following command to reset the Winsock catalog if you already started the command prompt as an administrator
- netsh winsock reset
- If it works, you will receive a notification that Winsock has been reset. Then you can restart your system.
5. Restart The Router (To Fix The Problem In Google Chrome)
This error can sometimes be fixed by rebooting your router, most routers have a power button for this option and If there isn’t one.
Follow these procedure to manually restart your router.
- Disconnect The Power Supply By Unplugging The Power Cord
- Wait for a short period of time for the unit to release all residual charges and to empty the router’s memory.
- Reconnect And Reload The website you’re trying to get into.
6. Temporarily Disable The Firewall And Antivirus Programs
If you trust the site you’re visiting, then consider disabling your security software temporary.
If the site can still be accessed, then the cause of the connection reset is known.
7. Contact Your Internet Provider
Apart from your personal firewall that protects your computer, your internet provider also uses their own firewall system to automatically block selected IP addresses for their clients.
Contact your service provider if nothing works for you after trying all the solution in this article to know if they in anyway blocked the website you’re trying to access.
- How To Fix The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error In Chrome
- How To Make A Night Vision Potion In Minecraft
- The Best PS1 Emulators For Android And PC
- What Is Samsung Push Service And It’s Importance?
Image Credit: Webnots