Are you running out of space on your iCloud account? You’re not alone, Apple allocates just 5GB of free storage for every iCloud users.
In this modern era, having just 5GB of storage is not enough, unless your needs are very modest.
There are two things you can do to have enough space on iCloud, you can either upgrade your iCloud subscription to get more space, or delete unneeded items from iCloud.
If you can’t afford to upgrade your iCloud subscription, then it’s time to free up space. You can save a lot of space by deleting apps from iCloud.
In this article, we’ll explain how to delete apps from iCloud. Instruction in this guide apply to iCloud for iOS devices as well as Windows and Macs.
How to Delete Apps From iCloud on iOS
To delete apps from iCloud on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, follow the steps below:
- Tap the Settings icon on the device home screen.
- At the very top of the Settings interface, tap your name.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Manage Storage.
- Now tap Backups.
- On this page, you’ll see a list of devices tied to your iCloud account appear. Tap the device containing the apps you wish to delete.
- Tap Show All Apps.
- Turn off the toggle next to the app that you wish to delete from iCloud.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll get a message asking you if you want to turn off backups for the app and delete its related data from iCloud. Tap Turn Off & Delete to complete the process.
How to Delete Apps From iCloud on Mac
Your Mac can also use iCloud for storing some apps.
- Click the Apple icon at the top left of your desktop and choose “System Preferences” in the dropdown menu.
- In the Preferences window, select “Apple ID.” Enter your Apple ID password if prompted.
- To the right of the iCloud Storage bar at the bottom of the window, click “Manage…”
- In the pop-up window, click the app you want to delete from the pane on the left and then follow the directions in the main pane.
How to Delete Apps From iCloud on Windows
It’s also possible to delete apps from iCloud on a Windows PC:
- Open the iCloud desktop app, then enter your Apple ID and password if prompted. You may be prompted to enter a verification code that was sent to one of your other devices.
- Select Storage in the lower-right corner of the iCloud interface.
- Select the app you want to delete. Then select Delete Documents and Data to remove all files from your iCloud Backup associated with the app.
- A warning message may appear at this point. If so, select Delete to complete the process.
- How To Easily Select All Photos on iCloud
- How To Easily Bypass the iCloud Activation Lock On iPhone
- Why iCloud Backup Failed On iPhone And How to Fix it
- Here’s how to restore contacts on an iPhone from iCloud
- How to Enable Messages in iCloud and Fix Stuck Message