Really love video games? God of War, Mortal Kombat, PES, FIFA, and the likes? You can play these games on your PC as if you had a console and a TV. All you need is the right emulator that works with your PC. In this article, we have compiled four of the best PS4 emulators for PC you can try out.
What Is PS4 Emulator?
In simple words, a PS4 emulator is a software that allows you to play Sony’s PlayStation 4 games on your PC and other devices without needing a PS4 console.
The PS4 is in high demand, therefore, making it very costly. You’d also have to get a TV and speakers to make the atmosphere conducive and play the games. But with an emulator that comes for free, you get to play these games on your PC.
Don’t miss: Here Are Top 6 Xbox 360 Emulators For Windows PC
Top PS4 Emulators To Consider
Selecting the best PS4 emulator for PC is a big question. So, here we have assembled four of the best ps4 emulators for PC free download.
PS4Emus sits right as the apex of all PS4 emulators currently. Its reviews have been notably positive even with the controversies clawing at it.
This emulator was originally introduced in 2013, and after over half a decade of tweaking, upgrading, and modifications, the latest update (optimized package) was released.
Some of its notable features include:
- Support of devices like PC, Desktop and even mobile devices like phones
- Access to exclusive PS4 gaming content
- High fps rate with commendable graphics and sounds
- Builtin support for BIOS
- Easy download and smooth online playing
Also read: The Best PS1 Emulators For Android And PC
The downside to it is that you might encounter some lags while playing PS4 games (using PS4Emus) on your PC, but you are less likely to even notice them.
The PCSX4 is the newly developed PS4 emulator that allows you to play the PS4 console on PC for free. Well, this is the first semi-open source PS4 emulator for both Windows and Mac devices.
Some of its enticing features include:
- Supports OpenGL, Vulkan, and DirectX 12.
- Compatible with most of the special attributes of PS4 on high-end systems.
- FPS is measured at 60
Its recommended compatibility includes:
- 64-bit Windows
- The Windows users need to install .net framework 3.5, VC++2015 & DirectX 11.1 platform update
- KB2670838-x64, to run PCSX4 PS4 emulator for PC
- A minimum of 4-core processor, AXV and SSE-4.2 GPU
- 256-bit protocol encryption for the Game Cache Image
- Well configured Windows
Don’t miss: The Best PS1 Emulators For Android And PC
3. Orbital PS4 Emulator
Orbital is the only genuine PS4 emulator that is globally accepted, and it was developed by the prominent developer – AlexAltea.
However, the program is still under improvement and cannot be used to emulate commercial PS4 games yet. Nevertheless, significant progress has been made in its build; hence, it makes our list of best PS4 emulators for PC.
Orbital is a low-level emulator, which virtualizes the PS4 console OS and not the full x86-64 CPU. It is specially built for Windows and Linux, and after completion, users would be able to download and play their favorite PS4 games on their PC.
- High-end Windows and Linux PCs
- 16GB minimum of RAM
- Mirrored Processor of x86-64 (with AVX extensions).
It should be noted that Orbital is an open-source invention which means as a developer you can still contribute to the development of the program.
4. SNES Station Emulator for PS4
SNESStation Emulator is being used by plenty of loyal players of the PlayStation series. This was utilized formerly for playing the former PlayStation 4 games which are compatible with PS1 and PS2 gaming systems.
Some of its features include:
- Inbuilt ROMs
- Easy download
- Totally free
- Good reviews on graphics and sounds
- Highly recommended by developers
Its compatibility recommendations are as follows:
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS
- A jailbreak of your console is needed
Other than the PlayStation 5 and the new Xbox Series X, there is enough to prove that PS4 is undoubtedly the most advanced game console in the market currently.
It is very difficult to emulate due to its radical x86-64 architecture. This is why there are a series of controversies on the possibility of emulating the PS4 on PCs but with the right combination of specifications and programs, you’re good to go.
- The Best PS2 Emulators for Android Devices
- 8 Best Terminal Emulators for Windows
- 4 Best GBA (Game Boy Advance) Emulators For Windows PC