How To Whisper On Twitch Using Computer Or Mobile App
Have you ever wanted to send a message to someone on Twitch without all 20,000 watchers reading it? Thanks to Twitch’s handy (and aptly named) Whisper feature, you can now do that. As a result, sending messages in private on Twitch has never been easier.
With Whisper, you can send someone on Twitch a private message. This will open up a private chat room for just the two of you.
1. Open Twitch in any internet browser and sign in, and then navigate to the channel and stream chat where you want to send a user a Whisper.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/whisper-on-twitch/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-29T20:12:19.000Z
2. Next thing is to physically load up the stream of the channel you’d like to send a whisper to. Remember, the person should be online if you want them to reply immediately.
3. You’ll have to use a simple command to send a whisper over Twitch. That command is ‘/W Username.’
Type this command into the chat window of your streamer, followed by your actual message, and it’ll send a private message to that user.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be the streamer. It can be anyone in that stream.
4. All left to do is press the ‘whisper’ button, and you’ll start your private chat with that individual.
You can open up any number of whispers, meaning you can have several private chats if you wish to.
1. Open the Twitch app on your iPhone or Android device and open the user’s profile you’d like to Whisper. You can find this profile by searching for them.
2. On an Android, click “Whisper” on their profile page to open a private chat window. On an iPhone, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and select “Whisper” from the menu that appears.
So, there you have it, our quick rundown on how to whisper on Twitch. Of course, like any good social media platform, Twitch also has its own little private messaging feature. With these simple steps, you’ll be able to send discreet messages to anyone on your favorite stream! Just remember, keep it clean, lads!