Twitch specializes majorly in streaming live content but this is not to say it is impossible to download highlights and full broadcasts from YouTube. And that is why we’ve written this guide. In this article, we will explain how to download Twitch VOD videos.
How to Download Your Twitch Broadcasts
Twitch streamers can download their previous broadcasts from the Twitch website. Hanging on whether you are a frequent user, Twitch Affiliate, or Twitch Partner, your window for downloading previous broadcasts varies between 14 to 60 days after the initial stream. After this, the video will auto-delete.
Twitch can automatically save your broadcasts with a few simple steps:
- Log on to the Twitch website and select the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner and select Settings.
- Go to Channel and Videos
- Turn on Store past broadcasts.
- Your future broadcasts will save to your profile once they finish.
Downloading Your Videos
Subsequently, after archiving, you’ll download broadcasts after you finish streaming.
- Go to the homepage and select Video Producer in the menu under your profile picture.
- On the subsequent page, click the More menu to the icon of the video you would like to save lots of.
- Select Download to save the video to your computer.
Downloading Other People’s Streams
Although Twitch doesn’t currently extend the option to download, you can ask the streamer to send you a personal copy or use a third-party app for downloads.
One of such apps is the Twitch Leecher. It is highly recommended by various users. Download and install the file onto your PC, then start the app. To download a selected highlight or video, you’ll either enter a channel name and date, enter a URL, or a video ID (which are often found within the URL).
Note: You should simply ask the streamer for permission before downloading anything, and again ask if you would like to upload the videos (perhaps if you’re a Mod and need to manage a YouTube channel). Refrain from downloading any person’s content without their prior knowledge.
Below is how to install Twitch Leecher and the way to use it to download Twitch VODs.
Note: You cannot download Sub-Only videos with Twitch Leecher.
- Log on to the official Twitch Leecher page on GitHub to get the latest version of the program.
- A prompt comes up asking to either run or save the program. Go ahead and run it follow the instructions to put in the program on your computer.
- After the installation is complete, open Twitch Leecher.
- Click on the Search bar in the top menu
- Navigate to the Twitch channel and select Videos.
- Right-click the video you want to download. Then, select Copy Link Address.
Note: Depending on the browser, the command may have different wording.
- Return to Twitch Leecher and select the URLs tab.
- Copy and paste the video link into the white box and select Search.
- Your chosen Twitch video should appear. Select the Download button in the lower-right corner.
- On the next screen, decide on the resolution size of the video download and where to save it on your computer. You can also give it a custom filename and choose a start and endpoint for the video.
- After you have viewed your options clearly, click on download. Your video will be accessible in your previously chosen location
- How to Link Amazon Prime to Twitch Account
- How to Easily Watch Twitch on Roku Device
- 10 Best ePub Reader for Android, Windows and Mac
- How To Easily Whisper On Twitch
- How To Easily Host On Twitch Channel