How to Turn Off an iPhone when the Screen is Broken
Have you ever broken the screen of your iPhone? Or have you experienced when your screen started malfunctioning and you can’t do anything to fix it at the moment? There can be a lot of reasons why your screen suddenly stopped functioning aside from dropping your phone. The common practice when this happens is to restart your iPhone or just simply turn it off.
Usually, you turn off your iPhone by long-pressing the Lock/Unlock button on the right side of your device. Your screen should prompt you with a Slide to Power Off slider. You would have to use your screen to slide the toggle to finally turn off your iPhone. So what if you can’t use the screen to turn off your iPhone because it’s broken? This article teaches you how to turn off an iPhone when the screen Is broken or unresponsive
How to Turn Off iPhone Without Screen
- Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button located on the top of the iPhone.
- Hold the “Home” button on the front of the iPhone while continuing to hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Release the buttons as soon as the iPhone’s screen turns black to turn it off. Do not continue to hold the buttons or the device will reset.
Also read: How to Fix an Unresponsive iPhone X Screen
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-turn-off-an-iphone-when-the-screen-is-broken/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-08-28T09:23:48.000Z
How to Turn Off iPhone Without Using any Buttons
It is also possible for your screen to work fine but for your buttons to stop working. If such an issue arises, there is another way to turn off your iPhone without using any buttons on your device. Follow these steps to turn off your iPhone using just your screen:
- Open the Settings app and select General.
- At the bottom of the list, you should find and select the Shut Down option. This will prompt the screen to show the Slide to Power Off slider.
- Simply slide the slide to finally turn off your iPhone.
- And there you have it!
These are the many ways you can turn off your iPhone when your screen stops working or breaks. Of course, it’s a given that you’re supposed to take good care of your devices to prevent any issues and to prolong its lifespan. However, it’s also understandable that there are some situations beyond your control that can affect the overall integrity of your iPhone. Hopefully, this post has helped you with this iPhone issue.