How to Update Your Discord Profile Picture
Your profile picture, also known as your avatar, is what others see next to your username on Discord. A good profile picture and username combination are great ways to bring some personality to your profile. It’s also a great way to establish an identity in the various Discord communities you’re a part of.
However, Discord has time limits for changing an avatar image, in which users can not make more than two tries within 10 minutes. This is to prevent people from trying to disrupt Discord’s terms of service.
With that said, if you’re looking for a way to update your Discord avatar, you’re reading the right post. This article explains how to update the Discord profile picture.
- Open the app on PC/Desktop
- Select the settings cog at the bottom left next to the current image.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-update-avatar-image-on-discord/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-07-10T14:48:39.000Z
- Choose the three-dotted menu to the right of where the image goes.
- Click on Change Avatar.
- Choose the image you want to use.
- Resize or center the image as you see fit.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save Changes.
- Open the app on your device.
- Tap on your profile image on the bottom right.
- Tap My Account.
- If this is your first time uploading a profile picture, Discord will ask you for two permissions: to access your camera and your photos and videos. Tap Allow or While using the app on at least one of these options to proceed.
- Select an image app.
- Choose an image and tap Upload. You can crop and zoom if needed, but you have to do it before selecting the Upload button. Note: A Crop button shows up after you choose the image.
- When you’re satisfied after cropping your image, click the checkmark at the top right, then press Save to save the changes.