How to Cross Out or Strike Through a Text in Discord
Discord has become the world’s leading online chat service that allows gamers, business people, social groups, and any other collection of people to engage in voice and text chat online. It works on a server model, where each group can have its little world with its unique rules and much more. This article gives out step-by-step instructions on how to cross out or strike through a text in Discord.
If you’re new to the platform, it can seem a bit overwhelming. But easy to workaround with when you finally know more about it.
One of the basic features of Discord you’ll need to know is text markup. This is the practice of formatting your text using punctuation marks.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-cross-out-or-strike-through-a-text-in-discord/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-06-03T19:03:25.000Z
To cross out text, you’ll need to do a strike-through. You can do this On the app by using the tilde key (~) on your keyboard. On a physical keyboard, this key will be in the top-left. While On a mobile device, you’ll have to go into your keyboard’s punctuation menus.
To strikethrough your text, put two tildes before and after your message. For example, “~~[your text goes here]~~” will become “,” struck through.
Here are a few other formatting options you may wish to use on your discord app.
- Bold requires two asterisks on both sides: **bold**
- Italics need either one asterisk or one underscore on both sides: *italics* or _italics_
- Underline requires two underscores on both sides: __underline__
If you’re using the desktop or browser version of Discord, you can use a context menu. To do this:
- Type out the text that you want to format.
- Highlight the text and hover your mouse over it until a small black bar appears above it.
- Then click the “B” icon to bold the text, the slanted “I” to italicize, and the crossed-out “S” to strikethrough.