Discord has become the world’s leading online chat service that allows gamers, business people, social groups, and any other collection of people to engage in voice and text chat online. It works on a server model, where each group can have its little world with its unique rules and much more. This article gives out step-by-step instructions on how to cross out or strike through a text in Discord.
If you’re new to the platform, it can seem a bit overwhelming. But easy to workaround with when you finally know more about it.
One of the basic features of Discord you’ll need to know is text markup. This is the practice of formatting your text using punctuation marks.
Here are some steps on how to use markup to cross out text in Discord and format it in other ways. You can use this in the apps for Mac and PC and the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
How To Cross Out Text In Discord (and other text changes)
To cross out text, you’ll need to do a strike-through. You can do this On the app by using the tilde key (~) on your keyboard. On a physical keyboard, this key will be in the top-left. While On a mobile device, you’ll have to go into your keyboard’s punctuation menus.
To strikethrough your text, put two tildes before and after your message. For example, “~~[your text goes here]~~” will become “
[your text goes here],” struck through.
Here are a few other formatting options you may wish to use on your discord app.
- Bold requires two asterisks on both sides: **bold**
- Italics need either one asterisk or one underscore on both sides: *italics* or _italics_
- Underline requires two underscores on both sides: __underline__
If you’re using the desktop or browser version of Discord, you can use a context menu. To do this:
- Type out the text that you want to format.
- Highlight the text and hover your mouse over it until a small black bar appears above it.
- Then click the “B” icon to bold the text, the slanted “I” to italicize, and the crossed-out “S” to strikethrough.
- How To Stream On Discord
- Top 10 Best Discord Voice Changer Software
- How To Change Your Discord Password Or Reset It
- How To Completely Uninstall Discord