Gamers want to uninstall Fortnite due to some reason. However, most of them don’t know how to uninstall Fortnite. In this walkthrough, we will be learning how to uninstall Fortnite from your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.
It’s relatively straightforward to uninstall Fortnite from your Windows 10 PC because you might want to free up some space on your disk. However, Fortnite is a widely popular Battle Royale game on the market. Millions of gamers download this game for fun.
How to Uninstall Fortnite on Windows 10 PC or Laptop
It is necessary to use the Epic Games Launcher to launch, update, install, and uninstall Fortnite. Here is a complete guide to uninstalling Fortnite.
- Open and sign in to the Epic Games Launcher
- Navigate to the Library tab from the left pane.
- Find “Fortnite” and select it
- Now click the three dots, then click “Uninstall.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Bear in mind that this process will not delete the Epic Games Launcher folder from the hard disk. This will only remove Fortnite from your hard drive. To free up more disk space is an excellent idea.
How to Move Fortnite to Another Drive
We understand some gamers will never let go of Fortnite due to how amazed they feel while playing the game. If you’re a gamer looking forward to freeing up space on disk and don’t want to lose the game. All you have to do is get another drive, and here’s how to move Fortnite to another drive.
- Step 1: Back up your Fortnite folder on an external USB drive so that you can quickly install it in a new place.
- Press Win + E keys to open File Explorer and then navigate to the Fortnite installation folder in the C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite
- Right-click the Fortnite folder and select Copy from the pop-up menu.
- Paste the copy of Fortnite to another drive. For instance, you can move Fortnite from C drive to the D:\Temporary\Fortnite Wait for the copying to complete.
- Copy Fortnite to another drive
- Step 2: Follow the above method to uninstall Fortnite.
- Step 3: Install Fortnite to the new location. Now, you will start a typical Fortnite installation.
- Launch Epic Games Launcher
- Go to the Library tab, and click on the Install button next to Fortnite.
- Select the location that you want to install and click on Install.
- Step 4: The Epic Games Launcher will start downloading Fortnite and wait for the process. Cancel the download.
- Once the Installing text appears, click on the X button to cancel this download.
- Close the Epic Games Launcher
- Step 5: Find a new download location to move your Fortnite backup. If there’s been a file with the same name, click on Replace the files in the destination.
- Step 6: Restart the Epic Games Launcher and continue the installation.
- Re-open the launcher and click on the Resume
- The launcher will scan the Fortnite directory and verify all the files in place.
- Easy Ways To Merge Two Fortnite Accounts
- Fortnite Characters Locations: Where to Find New NPCs
- How To Easily Change Your Fortnite Name
- Here are Call of Duty Mobile Supported Controllers
- How To Get Better At Fortnite If You’re Struggling