Fortnite allows you to pick a username and also give you another to change it once you have another username in mind. However, you’re new in this game and you input any username that pops into your mind, now you’re seeking how to change your “Fortnite” name.
Note: You can only change your “Fortnite” name once every two weeks. However, this article is about to teach you how to easily change your name on Fortnite.
How To Change Your ‘Fortnite’ Name On Mobile Device
To change your “Fortnite” name, you’ll need to change the name on your Epic Games account.
- Launch your web browser on your device.
- Now log into your Epic Games Account.
- Visit this Account Info page and click the blue pencil icon next to your display name.
- Enter your new display name twice, and check the box confirming that you understand that display names can only be changed once every two weeks.
- Now Click Confirm.
How To Change Your ‘Fortnite’ Name On Xbox One Console
Here’s the difference, console user’s names are not tied to their Epic Games Account. On Xbox One Fortnite display name is tied to your Xbox Gamertag. This means you can’t change only Fortnite name without changing all your games names.
However, this can be done in two ways via your controller or through your net browser. Here’s how to easily get it done:
Changing Gamertag using Controller
- Using your controller, hold down the Xbox button.
- Navigate to Profile & System.
- Now choose your existing Gamertag.
- Tap My Profile
- Select Customize Profile.
- Under the Choose new Gamertag tab, type in the new Gamertag that you want to use.
- Alternatively, you can choose one of the suggested Gamertags given.
Changing Gamertag using a browser
- Open your Microsoft account on your net browser.
- Locate and click on your username.
- Scroll down till you find Go to your Xbox profile and click on it.
- Click on Customize Profile.
- Click on the change Gamertag icon to the right of your Gamertag.
How To Change Your ‘Fortnite’ Name On PS4 Console
- On the home page on your PS4, navigate to Settings.
- Select Account Management from the menu.
- Click Account Information.
- Navigate down and then select Profile.
- Choose an Online ID.
- Click ‘I Accept’ on the window that appears.
- Click on Continue, this will change your entire PSN account name. Also wipe all progressions tied to your ID
- You will be able to enter your new Online ID here. You can do this now, or choose one of the suggestions on the right.
- Once you have typed in your new Online ID click on Confirm.