How to Turn Off PS4 Controller to Save Battery
The PS4 controller is a great way to play games on your console and a perfect controller for Windows PC gaming. However, DualShock 4 controller batteries are quickly drained when you leave them on. You can get no more than about eight hours on a single charge, and often it lasts more like four or five hours. This article explains how to turn off the PS4 controller to save battery.
There are several ways to turn off your PS4 controller. However, we’ve listed and explained ways to turn it off below:
The fastest and easiest way to turn off your controller is by pressing and holding the PS button in the center of the controller for about 10 seconds. Once done, your DualShock 4 controller will turn off immediately.
- Press and hold the PS button for about two seconds on the controller until the Quick Menu appears.
- Click “Sound/Devices.”
- Select “Turn Off Device.”
- On the Turn Off Device screen, choose your DualShock 4.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-turn-off-ps4-controller-to-save-battery/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-09-17T09:10:27.000Z
Your controller can also be turned off using a remote or the DualShock app on a PC. To get this done, you must open the Remote Play application and then click on “Turn Off Device” to shut down your wireless gamepad from an Android device.
- Hold down the PS button in the middle of the screen, between the analog sticks.
- Go to Configure Computers, and pick X.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and, by pressing X, pick the option to shut off the computer.
- Select DualShock 4 to proceed, and press X.
- Press and hold the PS button for about two seconds until the Quick Menu appears on your controller.
- Select “Sound/Devices.”
- Select “Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off” and choose the time you want to wait 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour.