Can Xbox One play Blu-ray disc? That’s a good question. Microsoft doesn’t offer a native Blu-ray player application in either Xbox One or 360 console, so it’s easy to ignore the need to Blu-ray playback. However, most consoles in the Xbox One gaming system have the able to play Blu-ray discs and DVDs. Actually, it all depends on the type of Xbox console you have. In this article, we will show you how to play Blu-ray Discs on a compatible Xbox One Console.
Currently, there are three Xbox One console models available: the Xbox One S, Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, and Xbox One X. The Xbox One S and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition serve as entry-level products for those looking to pick up Microsoft’s eighth-generation gaming system.
First of all, there’s no getting away from the fact that while the newer Xbox One (S/X) allows you to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies through installing the Blu-ray player app from Store, Xbox 360 consoles do not come with Blu-ray support.
Don’t miss: How To Get A Refund On Blizzard’s Battle.net
How Can You Play Blu-ray Discs On Xbox one (S, X)?
Microsoft adds support of Blu-rays and 4K HDR Blu-rays playback on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X, this require some additional steps. This article got your covered.
How To Set Up And View Blu-ray Movies On Xbox One S or Xbox One X.
- Power on your Xbox One console and press the Xbox button on your controller to launch a menu. Then, select “Home.”
- Use your controller to scroll to the right until you are in the Xbox Store.
- In the search bar type “Blu-ray” or “DVD player” and select “Blu-ray Player app” from the search results.
- Click on the “Blu-ray Player” app to launch the app page, then click “Get” to download the application.
How To Play Blu-ray On Your Xbox One
- Power on your Xbox One console.
- Then, select a Blu-ray or DVD disc and place it in your Xbox One disc drive.
- After you insert the disc into your console’s disc drive, the installed Blu-ray player app should automatically appear and start to play the disc.
- If necessary, you can insert the disc into your console and select the Blu-ray player application on your Home screen, or launch it from your “My games & apps” folder.
- How To Fix It When PS4 Won’t Connect To WiFi
- Xbox Game Pass Review: Is It Worth?
- Hogwarts Legacy: Everything We Know About The Harry Potter RPG