How to Search for a Word on Web Page or Site – The internet is vast, but sometimes you need to cut to the chase to get things done. Searching for a word on a page can drastically reduce the amount of time it takes to get the information you need.
Searching for a word on a page can drastically reduce the amount of time it takes for the same.
However, there are different methods that you can use to search for a word on a web page or website, depending on the kind of computer you have. Also, using these search functions and shortcuts to find specific words or phrases can help you find information faster, ultimately enhancing your browsing experience.
There are several methods you can use to search for a word on a web page, program, or website, depending on the kind of computer you have.
Command+F or Control+F keyboard shortcuts
For most web pages or word processors, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command+F on a Mac, or Control+F on Windows for finding the information that you need. Notably, Control+F is the keyboard shortcut for searching within a web page.
- On the top of your screen, a text box will appear. Enter the desired search term.
- Now, click on the ‘Enter’ tab. This will help you in finding the instances of the given word or phrase on the page.
- Use the up and down arrows given in the search box to find each instance.
Note: You can also search for a word on an iPhone using ‘On this page’, ‘Find on page’ or ‘Share’ features.
Search for a word using web browser controls
Browsers also come with their own built-in search functions. Here’s how to access these tools whether you’re using Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Click the More button, which looks like three horizontal lines, located in the top-right corner of the web browser, next to the address bar.
- Select Find or Find in This Page .
- In the pop-up, type in your search term or phrase and hit Enter .
Quick tip: In Safari on Mac, you can also click Edit in the toolbar at the top of your screen, hover your mouse over Find in the drop-down, and select Find again in the pop-out. A search bar will appear at the top-right – type in the word(s) you’re looking for and they’ll be highlighted yellow on the page.
Using Google to search sites
Interestingly, you can even use Google to search for a word on specific sites or web pages. Follow the steps.
- Visit Google.com.
- Type ‘site:’ with the name of the website you want to search for, give a space and then type your search term or phrase.
- Now, hit the ‘Enter’ button. You’ll now be able to find all the pages on that site that include the search term or phrase you’ve specified.
- How To Easily Search Twitter Image
- 5 Best Facial Recognition Search Engines For Tracking Picture
- How To Easily Delete Your Bing Search History