If you need to enhance your abilities and powers in Minecraft, a brewed potion is the way to go. There are different kinds of potions that you can brew and they all have different abilities. In this article, we will be explaining how to make fire resistance potion in Minecraft.
One of such potions is the fire resistance potions. This allows you to traverse the Nether of Minecraft unscathed by lava and fire damage.
Materials Needed To Brew A Fire Resistance Potion
To brew a fire potion, you would have to acquire these materials first:
- Brewing Stand
- Blaze Powder
- Glass Bottles
- Magma Cream
- Nether Wart
How To Get A Brewing Stand
- Go to the nether fortress
- Find some blaze enemies
- Engage and defeat them to get blaze rods for a brewing stand
How To Get Blaze Powder
While still in the Nether, defeat blaze enemies and turn the acquired rods into blaze powder
You will need blaze powder to power the brewing stand, blaze powder to make magma cream, and also one blaze rod to make your brewing stand, so make sure to gather enough blaze rods.
How To Get Glass Bottles
Glass bottles can be made in a crafting table. You will need to dig up some sand and smelt it into glass at a furnace.
How To Get Magma Cream
After you’ve built yourself a gateway to the Nether, you’re ready to track down the components necessary for making fire resistance potions. Here’s how to get nether wart:
- You can obtain the items in any order, but nether wart is the easiest. You’ll find this red fungus growing in Nether Fortresses as well as a number of other locations.
- Harvest the Nether Wart with any tool, and then dig up the Soul Sand.
- Once you get back to your base, you can place the Soul Sand, plant the Nether Wart, and have a never ending supply of the stuff.
Finding Or Making Magma Cream In Minecraft
Magma cream can be found in random chests in the Nether, and you can also craft it using slime and blaze powder. Here’s how to get some magma cream in Minecraft:
Don’t miss: How To Find, Make, And Use A Smoker In Minecraft
- While you’re in the Nether looking for Nether Wart and Blazes, look for chests.
- If you’re lucky, you may find a chest that contains Magma Cream.
- In the event you can’t locate any Magma Cream, then leave the Nether and go hunting for Slimes.
- Fight and defeat some Slimes.
- Pick up any Slime they drop.
- Open your crafting interface and Place Slime and Blaze Powder in this pattern.
- Move Magma Cream from the crafting output to your inventory.
You need Blaze powder to run the brewing stand, so don’t convert it all to Magma Cream
How To Get Water
The last ingredient you’ll need to brew a fire resistance potion is a bottle of water. This can also be found in a witch hut if you’re lucky, but making them is also pretty easy.
- Add sand in a furnace to make glass.
- Open the crafting interface and place glass inside
- Equip a bottle, and press your use item button when standing near water.
How To Make A Fire Resistance Potion In Minecraft
Once you’ve got everything together, here’s how the process works:
- Open the Brewing Stand interface.
Also read: How To Install Minecraft Forge Mods
To access this interface, you need to craft a brewing stand, place it, and then interact with it.
- Use one Blaze Powder in the slot located up in the left
One Blaze powder will last for the creation of multiple potions.
- Place a bottle of Water in the bottom left slot in the brewing interface.
- The Nether Wart goes in the top middle slot of the brewing stand
Don’t miss: The Best PS2 Emulators For Android Devices
- After a while, an usual potion appears
- Put the Magma Cream in the upper middle slot of the brewing interface.
- At this point, the Fire resistance potion is completely brewed and ready for use. You can keep it in your inventory for later use.
Also read: Is PS4 Backward Compatible?
Using a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
All you have to do to use your potion is to equip it and then press the use item button to drink it. Your character drinks briefly and then the fire resistance power is borne in you.
While under the effects of a fire resistance potion, you gain temporary immunity to all heat-based forms of damage. That means you won’t take damage when attacked by a Blaze’s fireballs, any natural sources or fire, or even from lava. That makes these potions indispensable for future trips into the Nether.
You can still catch on fire when using this potion, so make sure to put yourself out before the potion effects end.
- How To Easily Fix PlayStation 4 Won’t Turn On Issues
- The Best PS4 Games You Can Buy In 2021
- Xbox One Won’t Turn On? How To Troubleshoot It