In Minecraft, a name tag is a valuable item that allows you to identify creatures like horses, cows, villagers, and even hostile mobs. However, you can’t make a name tag in Minecraft. Instead, you have to go exploring and find or trade for them. This article explains how to make a name tag in Minecraft.
How to Obtain a Name Tag in Minecraft
There are three ways you can get a name tag in Minecraft, and it includes;
- Explore: Locate name tags in chests that breed in different locations, including dungeons, mineshafts, and woodland mansions
- Trade: Trade a master-level librarian villager for a name tag
- Fishing: There’s a little chance to catch a name tag every time you go fishing
How to Find Name Tags in Minecraft
The primary method of acquiring name tags in Minecraft is through exploration. Of course, you can not find them everywhere, but there is a high chance of finding them if you look in the right place.
- By exploring and uncovering a location that may have treasure chests that contain name tags, like a dungeon, abandoned mineshaft, or woodland mansion. It can also be found buried treasure in Bedrock Edition.
- Find a chest in that location.
- Luckily, the chest will contain one or more name tags.
How to Trade For Name Tags in Minecraft
Sometimes, Some Master-Level Librarian villagers will offer to trade you a name tag for emeralds. Search out some villages in your world, and you might get lucky. If you cannot locate a librarian villager or a village with a library, place a lectern in a house that doesn’t have a workstation. A villager will notice it and turn into a librarian. You can then trade with them to level them up to an expert.
How To Trade For Name Tag
- Locate a village.
- Find a librarian villager.
- Look for a library where the librarian villager’s lectern will be located.
- If the librarian isn’t master level, perform trades to help it level up. For example, bringing plenty of emeralds to trade. This is a great way to get bookshelves to power up your enchanting table.
- If you’re lucky, a master-level librarian villager will offer to trade a name tag.
How to Fish For Name Tags in Minecraft
All you have to do is make yourself a fishing rod and go fishing. You don’t need a specific location to fish, and every cast has a chance of hauling up a name tag. Unfortunately, though, the odds of hauling in a name tag are pretty low. To increase your chances, enchant your fishing rod with the Luck of the Sea enchantment.
How To Fish For Name Tags
- Make yourself a fishing rod.
- Locate a body of water. You can fish anywhere there is water in Minecraft.
- Cast your line and go fishing.
- Continue fishing until you get lucky and catch a name tag.
- How To Easily Make A Campfire In Minecraft
- Here Are Top 10 Minecraft House Ideas For Beginners
- How To Easily Tame A Horse In Minecraft