How to Make a Name Tag in Minecraft
In Minecraft, a name tag is a valuable item that allows you to identify creatures like horses, cows, villagers, and even hostile mobs. However, you can’t make a name tag in Minecraft. Instead, you have to go exploring and find or trade for them. This article explains how to make a name tag in Minecraft.
There are three ways you can get a name tag in Minecraft, and it includes;
- Explore: Locate name tags in chests that breed in different locations, including dungeons, mineshafts, and woodland mansions
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-make-a-name-tag-in-minecraft/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-06-13T08:50:08.000Z
- Trade: Trade a master-level librarian villager for a name tag
- Fishing: There’s a little chance to catch a name tag every time you go fishing
The primary method of acquiring name tags in Minecraft is through exploration. Of course, you can not find them everywhere, but there is a high chance of finding them if you look in the right place.
- By exploring and uncovering a location that may have treasure chests that contain name tags, like a dungeon, abandoned mineshaft, or woodland mansion. It can also be found buried treasure in Bedrock Edition.
- Find a chest in that location.
- Luckily, the chest will contain one or more name tags.
Sometimes, Some Master-Level Librarian villagers will offer to trade you a name tag for emeralds. Search out some villages in your world, and you might get lucky. If you cannot locate a librarian villager or a village with a library, place a lectern in a house that doesn’t have a workstation. A villager will notice it and turn into a librarian. You can then trade with them to level them up to an expert.
- Locate a village.
- Find a librarian villager.
- If the librarian isn’t master level, perform trades to help it level up. For example, bringing plenty of emeralds to trade. This is a great way to get bookshelves to power up your enchanting table.
- If you’re lucky, a master-level librarian villager will offer to trade a name tag.
All you have to do is make yourself a fishing rod and go fishing. You don’t need a specific location to fish, and every cast has a chance of hauling up a name tag. Unfortunately, though, the odds of hauling in a name tag are pretty low. To increase your chances, enchant your fishing rod with the Luck of the Sea enchantment.
- Make yourself a fishing rod.
- Locate a body of water. You can fish anywhere there is water in Minecraft.
- Cast your line and go fishing.
- Continue fishing until you get lucky and catch a name tag.