There are different ways to get an internet connection on you Mac and any other PC. You can make use of a modem, share a hotspot from a mobile device or you get a network Router. However, using a modem and sharing a hotspot is pretty easy to you, but a Router require login on web browser via the assigned IP address. In this article, we will be explaining how to login to Router on Mac.
In a nutshell, a wireless router can be connected to Mac via Wi-Fi or a physical Ethernet cable. However, the most convenient connection is Wi-Fi, but a wired Ethernet connection is more reliable and faster.
Most people want to login to Route, in order to change Router Security Settings, Update Router Software or to setup Parental controls.
Why Do I Need To Login To Router?
Using a router require a reliable security, once you’ve get your new router you’ll need to change the security password to avoid other devices connecting to your router and slow down your connection.
Furthermore, you’ll need to login to update router software or set up parental control for kids. Those are the reasons that require you to login.
Why Won’t My Mac Connect to My Router?
When a Mac doesn’t connect to a router, it’s usually because of configuration issues. Most of the time, it’s sufficient to make the connection and let the Mac configure everything automatically, but that doesn’t always work. So if your Mac won’t connect to your router, the first thing to do is contact your ISP as described above and manually configure your Mac using their information.
How to Login to Router on Mac
Once you have your Mac and your stouter ready, try to locate the assigned IP address for your router before attempt to login. Most manufacturers make this information available on their website and also put a sticker attached to back of the Router that serve as an instruction manual for users.
- 1. Go to WiFi Settings on your Mac to locate the IP address.
- Push the Apple logo button in top-menu bar.
- Select System Preferences in the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the Network icon.
- Now, choose network type (WiFi or Ethernet) in the left-pane.
- In the right-pane, you will find the IP Address of your Router, next to the Router Entry.
- After you’ve note down your IP address, launch a (Safari or Chrome browser) on your Mac.
- Type the Router IP Address in the address bar of the browser, after the http://.
- Now, hit the Enter key.
- You’ll see a login screen of your router, type in your username and password.
- Now, you can make any activity you want.