One of the most used features on Xbox one console is the video chat, this allows all gamers to talk with teammates and friends via the Kinect built-in microphone or a microphone within a headset or pair of earphones. In this article, we will be explaining how to fix it when your Xbox one isn’t working.
It’s might be annoying when you get this kind of problem. You won’t be able to record or hear what your friends are saying. However, your problem can be easily fixed and your microphone will get back to normal.
How To Fix It When Your Xbox Once Isn’t Working
Instructions in this article apply to all Xbox One models, including the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
1. Reconnect The Xbox Mic: This method is very simple and it can easily be fixed by disconnecting the mic or it’s associated Headset and reconnect it back.
Xbox One consoles do not support USB headsets. Only devices with Bluetooth capabilities can connect to the Xbox One.
Don’t miss: How to Uninstall the Steam Gaming App on your PC
2. Check Your Xbox Profile Settings: There can be a limit to your voice communication in profile settings. If this is the cause of your problem, you’re strongly advice to check your profile settings and see if the microphone on your account is being controlled.
Note: A child can’t get this done, you’re required to sign in the parent account before taking the highlighted steps below.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and All Settings.
- Choose Account and proceed by clicking on Privacy and Online Safety.
- Click view details and customization.
- Select Communicate with voice and text.
- Now, you can’t selects how you want to talk to(Usually friends or everyone)
- Check to see if you can chat with your friends using the microphone.
3. Make Sure The Microphone Isn’t Muted: A mute button is very common on gaming Headsets. If you’ve accidentally activated the mute features, you’ll notice once the LED light on mute button is ON. Push the button to unmute the Mic.
4. Restart your Xbox One console completely: Sometimes the issue might come from the Xbox console itself. However, this issue can be fixed by rebooting your console system completely. Now, let’s restart your console and see if the problem will be fixed.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds or till it shutdown.
- Unplug the power cable from your console and leave it for about 10 seconds to reset the power supply of your console.
- Now re-plug the cable to the console and press the power button to turn it ON.
- Check your mic and see if it works now.
5. Test The Mic On Other Devices: Sometimes the problem may come from the mic itself. So, you can run a text on the mic by texting it with your laptop or mobile phone. This can be done by using Skype or any voice and video chatting platforms you know. Otherwise, you may need to replace or repair the headset.
6. Repair Or Replace Your Device: If you have found hardware issues, or the methods above can’t help you, you need to get your devices (your Xbox One headset, console or controller) repaired or replaced.