How to Find Hidden Apps on Android Phones – This article explains how to uncover hidden apps on an Android device. The information below should apply no matter who made your Android phone: Samsung, Google, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.
It’s a common practice now a days for the teenagers to use additional software or hidden apps on their phones to exchange inappropriate stuff via internet in order to conceal their device activities from their parents.
These secret apps are capable of causing dangerous and abusive impact, like sexual aggression and bullying on your kids. In order to protect your kids, from such dangers you need to know the ways for finding hidden apps on android used by your children.
How to find hidden apps on Android phones using ES File Explorer
Here are the simple steps for finding hidden apps on android using the Android File Manager – ‘ES File Explore’:
- Download and install the latest version of ‘ES File Explorer’ file manager from Google Play Store;
- Next open ES File Explorer;
- Slide the Menu drawer right and select Tools;
- Next scroll down and enable the option ‘Show hidden files’.
- Now you can see all the hidden apps on your Android phone;
- If, you want to hide the apps again, then simply Disable the “Show Hidden Files” option;
Now that I have explained how to find hidden apps on android let me also answer some of the related questions often asked by the people.
How to Find Hidden Apps in the App Drawer
Viewing apps on the Android home screen is a good start, but this doesn’t show every app installed on an Android device. To see the complete list of installed apps, including vault apps, open the app drawer by tapping the icon in the lower-middle section of the screen that looks like a circle with six dots in it.
After tapping on this icon, a full list appears with the installed apps sorted alphabetically. This should show you most of the apps on the Android device, but some may be hidden. To show these hidden apps, do the following.
This method isn’t available on all Android devices by default. The launcher determines the options in the tray. If you don’t have these options, try a different launcher, like Nova Prime, which supports hiding apps.
- From the app drawer, tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Hide apps.
- The list of apps that are hidden from the app list displays. If this screen is blank or the Hide apps option is missing, no apps are hidden.
How to Find Hidden Apps in Settings
- Open your Android’s Settings (usually looks like a gear). It is typically found on the home screen or in the app drawer.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Apps’. This may be called ‘Applications’ on some devices. In many cases, you should now be able to see a list of all apps on the device.
- Now tap ‘All’. Some devices may allow you to tap ‘Hidden’ to view hidden apps on their own. (If you’re using Android 5.0 or earlier, swipe right to left twice to view the option.) Whichever applies here, this will display all the apps on your Android device including those that are hidden from the home screen and app drawer.
- App Store Icon is Missing From iPhone or iPad? Fix Now!
- How To Delete Apps On iPhone 11 Easily
- What Is AppFlash On Android? And How To Disable It
- What Is The Latest Version Of Android?
- How To Easily Download And Install CyberFlix TV on FireStick