Dialing a phone number extension on your iPhone and Android is very easy. However, dialing on Android has two different methods. In this walkthrough, we will be talking about how to dial a phone number extension on your mobile device.
How To Dial A Phone Number Extension On iPhone
For iPhones, enter the main number or building number, press and hold the ***** key until a comma appears in the number, enter the extension, and send the call as usual.
How To Dial A Phone Number Extension On Android
We’ve described two methods for adding an extension number to a contact’s phone number on any Android phone to dial it automatically.
1: Using the Pause Method
- Open the Contacts app on your mobile phone.
- Now, locate the contact whose extension you’d like to add by opening your contact list.
- Click the person’s name. On the Phone app, the contact information slides into view. On the Contacts app, the contact information page displays.
- Choose the Pencil icon.
- Tap the phone number field and place the cursor at the end of the phone number. The on-screen keyboard appears.
- Insert a single comma to the right of the phone number.
- Edit button and comma placed in the phone number on Android
- Note: The comma may be replaced by a Pause button on some devices, or your device may also include both.
- Then you type the extension number for the contact after the comma or pause. For example, if the number is 01234555666 and the extension number is 255, the complete number is 01234555666,255.
- Save the contact information.
The next time you call that contact, their extension number automatically dials when the call is answered.
2: Using Wait Method
- Launch the Contacts app on your mobile device and click the contact whose extension you’d like to add via the contacts list.
- Tap the Pencil icon.
- Choose the phone number and place your cursor at the end of the number on your phone dialer.
- Use the Android keyboard to insert a single semicolon to the phone number’s right.
- Type the extension number immediately after the semicolon without leaving any space.
- For example, if the number is 01234999666 and the extension number is 288, the complete number is 01234999666;288.
- Save the contact.
- How to Ping a Phone to Find its Location
- How To Open An External Drive That’s Not Showing On Mac
- How to Setup Your New Chromecast