Minecraft is all about customization, and these customizations make it fun. However, you’ll notice that the cosmetics available to your protagonist are relatively limited for new users. In this article, we will be lecturing you on how to change skin in Minecraft.
The Minecraft developers have offered a few custom skins for free. This is usually created in honor of special events. However, there is a third-party website like The Skindex. This site host user-created skins that you can download and use yourself.
Before you can change your skin, you’ll first need to have a new skin to change to. First, however, let’s dive into the walkthrough and see how to get it done.
How To Change Skins In Minecraft
1. Using PC
Changing skins on Minecraft is very easy once you know the steps and follow them accordingly.
- Visit a third-party Minecraft skin website to download.
- Memorize where your download file is stored.
- Now visit the Minecraft official website.
- Click the menu icon and select Profile to log in with the account associated with Minecraft on your PC.
- Click the Browse button, select the file you downloaded earlier and click Open.
- To upload your custom skins, kindly click “Save” to make it happen.
- Once the custom skin has been uploaded, it’ll automatically be applied to your character in Minecraft on your PC.
2. Using Console
Before we explain how to change skins in Minecraft on consoles, it’s worth mentioning that the process is slightly different from the above process.
However, you must figure out a way to store download files on your console. Instead, you’re limited to the range of free and paid-for skins already available in Minecraft. Here’s how :
- Launch Minecraft.
- Select “Help & Options” and choose “ Change Skin” in the main menu.
- Select a skin pack from the menu on the left.
- Select the skin you’d like to apply to your character. (If the selected skin isn’t free, you’ll be redirected to your platform’s Store to purchase it.)
- Once you’ve selected the skin, it should become the default skin for your character.