We don’t need me to tell you how annoying marketing or robocalls calls can be, especially for people that care a lot about privacy. Furthermore, one frustration to add to the list is when these callers use the private number function to hide their real phone number. In this article, we will be explaining how to block unknown numbers on your Android phone.
How To Block Unknown Numbers On Your Android Device
- Click the phone icon on your Android, which is usually at the bottom of the home screen.
- Select the three dots at the top of the Phone app screen.
- Click “Settings” in the dropdown menu.
- Tap “Block numbers” and then toggle the button beside “Block unknown callers” to green.
How To Block Calls From Private Numbers On Android
Some call centers don’t want you to know where they are calling from or be able to identify them from their number. Blocking private numbers isn’t perfect. The setting is a blanket ban on all private numbers so friends or family who use withheld numbers will be blocked too.
However, both Android and iPhone have the ability to block calls from private numbers, or any numbers too. Follow below steps to block call from private numbers on Android phone:
- Launch the dialer app on your phone.
- Select the three dot menu icon in the top right.
- Tap on Blocked from the menu.
- Click on the Call block rules at the bottom of the screen.
- Toggle on Block private/withheld numbers.
- How To Find Out If A Twitter Account Has Blocked You
- What Is A Good CPU Temp And How To Improve It
- How To Take A Screenshot On A Lenovo Laptop