How To Block Or Unblock Someone On Discord
The internet allows you to contact different people across the globe. However, you might be in contact with billions of people with Discord, and a significant percentage of those people are jerks. That’s why you’ll need to learn how to control the conversation and handle toxicity online. In this article, we will be explaining how to block and unblock someone on Discord.
Furthermore, a vast majority of people want to get on and enjoy themselves, and there are always a few who seem to take pleasure in spoiling things for others.
Discord starts the platform as a games chat server to take on TeamSpeak. It did that, and it was perfect. Discord then grew into something much more than just games. It is now used by people worldwide for all kinds of reasons, from business to hobbies and everything in-between.
A gamer engaged in open chat will have experienced abrasive or just socially inept some people can be. However, there can be people whose behavior is problematic and reduce your fun. Here’s how to get it done in a very few steps:
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-block-or-unblock-someone-on-discord/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-07T20:50:24.000Z
Don’t miss: How To See Your Spotify Listening History
- Select the user’s profile name in the Direct Message app.
- Select the three-dot menu icon at the top right corner of your profile.
- Now hit the Select Block.
Note: Whoever it is you’ve blocked will still have access to your status, but there’s no way they will be able to reply or contact you via Discord.
Discord includes banning features from ending a relationship with anyone anytime by banning them in a few steps:
- Right-click the person’s name in the user list at the left of your chat dashboard.
- You’ll be asked to provide a reason for banning the user, but it’s optional as it’s only the person you’re banning who sees it.
People quickly access you on Discord, and now you’re thinking of how to stop them from coming into your DM. Here’s how to get it done in a few steps on both PC and Mobile:
Also read: How To Delete Channels On Your Roku
- Right-click on the person’s name on your PC.
- Select the profile and click the three-dot on the right side of the window.
- Now hit the block button.
- Select and hold on to the person’s name.
- On their profile, click the three dots on the right side of the window.
- Click Block.