How to Add Disney Plus To a Vizio Smart TV – As a service with the most robust collection of Disney content, Disney+ is the perfect streaming option for diehard fans. It gives you access to some of those iconic classics that will trigger your nostalgia as well as a few recent hits and Disney+ originals. Not only that, but you even get to watch all the Star Wars movies and shows along with several popular titles from Marvel and Pixar.
While it’s easier to stream on your laptop, the best way to enjoy Disney’s state-of-the-art graphics is on your television screen. There are various ways to watch Disney+ on your TV, so no matter if you have a smart TV or a streaming stick, you should have no problem setting up the ultimate binge-watch. Subscribers with a Vizio smart TV may experience a slightly different journey to Disney+ gold, but have no fear: we’re here to help.
How to get Disney Plus on Vizio
To watch Disney Plus on Vizio, you’ll need a subscription to the service. It only costs $6.99/mo. or $69.99/yr. if you subscribe to it as a standalone service. But you can even get the bundle offer with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99/mo. for an even more expansive streaming library and access to live sports.
Besides the subscription, you’ll also need a SmartCast-enabled Vizio TV. Disney Plus currently works with any Vizio SmartCast TV from 2016 onwards. Although Vizio TVs, in general, don’t support a lot of apps, these new ones come with a few native options you can use with your TV. Disney Plus is among the few native apps they offer. This means the app will already be there, ready to launch once you power up your TV.
Here’s how you can get Disney Plus on Vizio:
- Sign up for Disney Plus through the official website.
- Press the “V” button on your remote to access the SmartCast Home screen.
- Then look for the Disney Plus Vizio app under the “Apps” section and select the icon to launch it. Since it comes natively with the TV, you won’t need to install it manually.
- Once you’ve opened the Disney Plus Vizio app, sign in using your Disney+ credentials. You should be able to start streaming Disney Plus on Vizio now.
Can you watch Disney+ on Older Vizio Models?
Older Vizio models from before 2016 don’t come with the native Disney Plus app. Plus, they won’t give you the option to install it from an app store. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use these older Vizio models to stream the service.
You can still find a workaround in the form of streaming media players and casting devices that will let you cast the Disney Plus content from your phone or tablet to your TV screen. Chromecast is an excellent solution for this, as it works with many older Vizio TVs.
Here’s how you can watch Disney Plus on Vizio using a Chromecast dongle:
- Connect your Chromecast dongle to your Vizio TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast dongle is connected to the same Wi-Fi network you’re streaming from.
- Download the app and sign in using your credentials or open the Website And Sign in.
- Choose the movie you want to watch and select the “cast” icon on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the Chromecast-connected Vizio TV from among the device list.