Are you wondering how to find your AirPods if they are offline?The AirPods have revolutionized the market for wireless headphones and earphones thanks to their compact form factor and high-quality components.
If you own a pair of AirPods, you know how compact and comfortable they are in the ear. However, given how small the AirPods are, you can easily misplace them.
Finding misplaced AirPods is tricky. This is especially true if they are not in the charging case or offline.
In this section, we will cover all the methods for finding lost AirPods that are offline.
Each method in this section requires you to have certain equipment such as an internet connection, an Apple device that AirPods have been used with, a computer, and a particular app or software. The equipment you’ll need will depend on the method you decide to try.
Using your iPhoneto trace your AirPods is the easiest method available. You can also use your iPad for this method.
The prerequisite here is that you’ve added your AirPods to your Apple devices and activated the product according to the initial setup instructions.
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- You’ll see a list of connected devices. Tap on AirPods.
- You’ll see a grey dot indicating that the AirPods are offline.
- Now, tap on the car icon to use the navigation to lead you to the AirPods’ last known location.
For those that don’t have access to their iPhone or iPad, you can use a computer to locate the offline AirPods. Here’s how:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit icloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- You may be prompted to enter a verification code that would have been sent to your iPhone. Make sure you enter the code correctly.
- Once in the iCloud menu, locate and click on Find iPhone. Click only once and wait for it to open. This will take a few seconds.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your credentials again. Do so correctly.
- After logging in, you’ll see a map on the screen.
- Proceed and click on “All Devices” from the top of the page and select your AirPods.
This method will only work for you if your AirPods are not offline. You can use this option within the Find My app to help locate either of your earpieces.
- Open the Find My app.
- Navigate to All Devices.
- Select AirPods from the list.
- Once your AirPods appear on the map, click the ‘Play Sound’ option.
- Then tap either ‘Left’ or ‘Right’ to play the sound on the selected earpiece. You also have the ‘Stop’ button to easily stop the sound once you find them.
Your earpieces will start to produce a sharp noise that will gradually increase for up to 22 minutes, which gives you quite some time to locate them. You could play the sound again if you could not find them in your first attempt.
The most likely reason behind this is that you haven’t connected them to your new device properly at the activation.
Yes. If anyone steals or finds your AirPods, they may easily connect them to an Apple device and use them.
No, the AirPods’ case alone cannot be tracked. However, you may stick a tracking tile/chip on it and get that option.
No. So far, the only tangible method to locate your lost AirPods is by using the Find My app.