With the back to back release from Apple store, the Apple has risen to the top of the technological devices. It is no argument that they do not cease to keep up with updates and newer versions of their gadgets. In this tutorial, we will be explaining how to clean your AirPods and their Case.
The Airpod is one of such gadgets, with its unique wireless and charge features, it tops as one of its kind.
It has become more than a gadget and has proceeded to be become a fashion statement among users. This is no surprise as it appears to be very stylish and portable.
The Airpod comes with a case that also serves as a charging port. This case and its contents tend to accumulate dirt in the long run.
Apple provides cleaning instructions to follow. There are also recommended ways you can use to keep your Airpods sparkly.
- Clean regularly to avoid dirt accumulation
- Do not use liquids such as bleach as this may damage the plastic.
- Avoid compressed air as this may damage your speaker and charging port due to the high-pressure.
- Avoid dipping them in water even if it is the Airpod Pro you have.
Apple recommends that you use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to clean your AirPods, and a “dry cotton swab” (or Q-tip) to clean any gunk out of the speaker mesh. The Airpods have no water proof, they are only water-resistance to some extent, for now so this explains the reason for the above choice.
How To Clean Your AirPods
1. Cleaning The Earbuds
To clean the earbuds, you’ll need a soft lint-free cloth, and a tool with a fine end.
Use a microfiber cloth and a fine-edged tool like a toothpick, dental floss, needle or pin. A cotton swab could be used too.
Also read: How To Set Up The Google WiFi System
- Using the lint-free cloth dampened with little water, wipe the outside of the earbuds.
- Pick up another lint-free cloth and gently use it to dry the earbuds while avoiding liquids getting in through the openings.
- The fine-edged tool can be used to tackle dirt and earwax that could be stuck in the tiny speaker holes. Cautiously dig out the earwax with attention to the edges of the speaker.
In case of an Airpod Pro, the silicone tips need careful cleaning
- Remove the silicone tips that cover your AirPods Pro earbuds and rinse them in water. Don’t add soap, or any other household cleaner.
- Wipe them dry with a soft, lint-free cloth, making sure they’re totally dry.
- Once they’re dry, reattach them to the AirPods.
If you need to remove the tips of your Airpod, pull firmly from the base of the tip where it connects with the earbud.
To reattach it, align the tip with the oval-shaped connectors on the earbud’s speakers and firmly push it in. This may take a few tries, but once you’ve aligned the connectors, it should attach easily with a click.
2. Cleaning The Case
Firstly, remove the AirPods before cleaning.
Don’t miss: The Best VR Headsets For 2021
- Use a dry lint-free cloth to wipe the outside of the case. For tougher spots, you can dampen the cloth a bit with alcohol, but be sure to dry the spots afterwards. Make sure not to get any moisture inside the case’s AirPod holders, or in the charging port.
- To remove debris from the charging port, use a soft bristle brush.
- To clean the inside of the case, use a soft bristle brush or a soft toothbrush – the bristles will help dig dirt out of the nooks and crannies inside of the case.
When cleaning, you have to take extra precautions so as to avoid damaging your Airpods. The AirPods are quite durable but then mistakes can actually lead them to destruction and short life span. So in general, be careful!
- Valve Index Review: Everything You Need To Know
- How To Use Google Chromecast Without WiFi
- Here Are Top 12 Best Gaming PC In 2021