The Xbox One is a popular video game console. But at times, it might refuse to turn on. In this guide, we will show you what to do when your Xbox One won’t turn on and how to troubleshoot it.
There are a lot of potential reasons why your Xbox One console isn’t turning on. Here are some and how to deal with them:
- The power supply may be faulty or not connected properly. So, ensure the power cable is firmly inserted in the back of the console and that the plug is properly connected to an AC wall outlet. If the console still doesn’t turn on, check the LED on the power brick. If it isn’t lit up, or if the light blinks orange, replace the power supply. You might need to have the console serviced if there’s a steady white or steady orange light.
- Also, try unplugging the cables from the console, the wall outlet, and the power supply, and wait ten seconds. Then plug it back in and press the Xbox button on the front of the console.
- The console could be broken or overheating. Or, the controller simply needs a recharge. So, make sure the controller is working. Try pressing the power button on the console. If it turns on, replace the batteries in the controller. Then, turn off the console and turn it on with the controller again. If that fails, plug the controller directly into the console with a USB cord and try again.
You should also remove any objects around the console and place them so vents on the casing can easily draw in air. Or you can also use canned air or a dry cloth to clean dust out of the vents if any is visible.
If that fails as well, open the Settings menu and choose “Power & Start-Up”. This allows the console to turn on faster, but it could also interfere with starting. So, set it to Energy-Saving instead. Then, check the Auto-Shutdown setting on the same menu. Turn it off if needed.
If none of these things work, then you need to replace the controller.
- The power strip may be faulty, so make sure it’s on and functioning properly. Some have fuses that blow in a power surge and protect electronics from damage. Check other items plugged into the strip to ensure these devices function properly and try a different outlet on the strip. If an outlet on the power strip is dead, you should replace it immediately.
If none of the above solutions work, your console might need repairs. Contact Xbox customer support.
- How To Find, Make, And Use A Smoker In Minecraft
- The Best Stardew Valley Mods
- How To See Your Frames Per Second (FPS) In Games