ArcSoft Connect provides product management and updates for ArcSoft applications. ArcSoft Connect will be automatically launched while running ArcSoft product, and its tray icon will display in the system tray which locates at the bottom right corner of the screen. File Location. In this article, you will learn what ArcSoft Connect is and everything you need to know.
Arcsoft Connect is a free utility bundled with any of the Arcsoft multimedia products, which is most apparent when installing an Arcsoft multimedia suite. The Arcsoft Connect is more of a service than an outright program, and what it does is simple – it basically connects your computer with the Arcsoft servers and checks them periodically if any updates for Arcsoft components or applications installed on your system are available.
However, If there are updates available, Arcsoft Connect can be configured to automatically download and install them, and patch the update to the appropriate program. This allows the user to enjoy Arcsoft products in their most updated form, which are generally released to fix bugs and other errors that could crop up during the programs’ operation.
What is ArcSoft Connect?
ArcSoft is a manufacturing company that produce and sell computer software since the mid-1990s. This company primarily creates multimedia imaging technologies and applications, plus video playback software, and photo and video editing software, including face-recognition and gesture detection software. But whatever your use for an ArcSoft program, you may find ArcSoft Connect on your computer. This program manages your other ArcSoft programs.
However, experts advise that Arcsoft Connect be either turned off, meaning that it does not automatically connect to a server and find an update, or download and install them without your knowledge. This is because such a function diverts precious bandwidth to the process, which would slow down or greatly affect the performance of your Internet activities or your computer, and even both.
Is ArcSoft a Virus or a Malware?
ACDaemon.exe is a legitimate executable file developed by ArcSoft. This process is known as ArcSoft Connect Daemon and it belongs to ArcSoft Connect software. It is commonly stored in C:\Program Files Cybercriminals find a way to mimic malicious programs in the name of ACDaemon.exe to spread malware infection.
How to Remove or Uninstall ACDaemon.exe?
To remove ACDaemon.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- Once the file is a part of a software program, then there should be an uninstall program. Now, let’s run the Uninstaller, It’s located in directory C:Program Files>ArcSoft>ArcSoft Connect Daemon or ArcSoft Connect >ACDaemon_uninstall.exe.
- Or if the ACDaemon.exe was installed via the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and click open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Now, search for ACDaemon.exe or the software name ArcSoft Connect in the search bar or try out the developer name ArcSoft.
- Choose it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove the ACDaemon.exe file from your computer.
Note: The software ArcSoft Connect program along with the file ACDaemon.exe will be removed from your computer.
- How To Completely Uninstall Discord
- What is FancyStart Daemon on an ASUS Computer?
- What To Do When Chromium Won’t Uninstall On Windows 10
- How To Uninstall Avast Antivirus On Windows 10