Windows is the most used Operating system in the World and Google Chromecast is the most used streaming stick or we can say casting device.
While you can project Computer Screen to TV using Miracast, you will be amazed at how effortless and easy it is to Cast Videos and Movies playing on your Computer to TV using Chromecast.
Here we have written a guide to setup Chromecast on your TV from Windows PC. Earlier, there is a Chromecast Setup was available for Windows computers running Windows 7 or higher. But now Google has given casting support in Google Chrome v72 and above. Follow the steps below to Chromecast setup on PC.
- Google Chromecast
- Download and install the Google Chrome web browser on the PC
Once you are ready with all these items, follow the steps as provided below to first plug the Chromecast device to your Home Television and then setup Chromecast on your Windows 10 Computer.
Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
- Plugin Google Chromecast into your TV.
- Now make sure both your TV and Windows PC/Laptop are on the same WiFi network.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer and visit chromecast.com/setup
- On the Chrome Setup screen, click on Set Up Your Chromecast using this Computer link.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to Agree to Chromecast Privacy Terms by clicking on the Accept button.
- Once you accept the terms, the webpage will start searching for available Chromecast devices connected to your WiFi Network.
- On the next screen, click on Set Me Up button.
- Next, click on the WiFi icon located to at the right corner of the taskbar on your Computer and then click on Chromecast’s open WiFi Network.
- After connecting to Chromecast’s open WiFi Network, click on the Next button
- On the next screen, click on the Yes Arrow, if the Code appearing on the screen of your Windows computer is matching with the Code appearing on the bottom right corner of your TV.
- On the next screen you will be asked to provide a Name for your Chromecast. Type any Name that you would like to use and click on Looks good.
- Next, you will be asked to confirm your WiFi Settings. Select your WiFi Network, Enter the Password for your WiFi network and click on Connect.
- Chromecast will display, Ready to Cast! screen.
Once you see the Ready to Cast screen, you’re all setup and ready to Cast from your Windows 10 Computer onto the big screen of your Home Television.
(Image Source: TechBout)
- How To Fix It When Google Home Can’t Find Chromecast
- 13 Best Chromecast Games To Play With A Phone Or Tablet
- How To Use Google Chromecast Without WiFi