How to Jailbreak iOS 12 to iOS 13.5 on Your iPhone Using Unc0ver
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 to iOS 13.5 – The team behind Unc0ver has released an iOS 13.3.1 – iOS 13.5 jailbreak for all iPhones and iPads. Unc0ver currently works up to iOS 13.5 for most A7 to A13-powered devices. Another jailbreak tool, Chimera, supports a similar range of models on iOS 12 to 12.2 and iOS 12 to 12.4.
You’re on the right website if you are looking to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.5 using Unc0ver.
For those unfamiliar, jailbreaking means unlocking restrictions on iOS to gain access to apps and tweaks not allowed by Apple. Doing so lets you transform your iPhone’s interface and features through the Cydia or Sileo apps.
Unc0ver is a semi-tethered jailbreak meaning you will have to re-jailbreak your iPhone or iPad after rebooting it. Thankfully, the entire process can be done right from your phone, and you only need access to a PC or Mac to install the Unc0ver app on your iPhone the first time around.
Note: Apple has released the iOS 13.5.1 update to patch the 0-day security vulnerability used by Unc0ver to jailbreak iOS 13.5. Therefore, do not update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13.5.1 if you intend to jailbreak it.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-jailbreak-ios-12-to-ios-13-5-on-your-iphone-using-unc0ver/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-09-03T17:34:15.000Z
Unc0ver 5.0 supports all iPhones and iPad running iOS 13.5.
- iPhone 6s & 6s Plus (iOS 11–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus (iOS 11–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone SE (2016) (iOS 12–12.2 | iOS 12.4)
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus (iOS 11–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone X (iOS 11–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone XR (iOS 12–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone XS & XS Max (iOS 12–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max (iOS 13–13.5)
- iPhone SE (2020) (iOS 11–12.4.1 | iOS 13–13.5)
- 2020 iPad Pro
- 2018 iPad Pro
- 2017 iPad Pro
- iPad Air 3
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 5
- iPad mini 4
- 5th/6th/7th gen iPad
Delete iOS Update from Storage
Before you jailbreak your iPhone, you’ll still need to get rid of any iOS software updates you may have saved inside your phone’s storage. Otherwise, executing a jailbreak will result in an error and failure.
- To delete iOS update from storage, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > iOS 12.x.x or iOS 13.x.x
- Open the “iPhone Storage” menu to check for saved iOS updates.
- Scroll down and tap on “iOS 12.x.x” or “iOS 13.x.x.” From there, hit “Delete Update” and confirm with the prompt.
- Make sure to create a backup of all important data on your device before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps.
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 to iOS 13.5
Follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 133.1 – iOS 13.5 running on your iPhone or iPad.
- Download AltServer on your PC using the link provided below and open it.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC over USB. AltServer is available for both Mac and Windows. You will have to install a Mail plugin to set up AltStore.
- Click on the AltServer icon from your Mac’s menu bar, select Install AltStar, and select your iPhone or iPad.
- An AltStore icon should now show up on the home screen of your iPhone. After that, go to Settings > General > Device Management, tap on your Apple ID and trust its Developer Certificate.
- With your iPhone connected to your PC, download the latest version of Unc0ver using the link below. You should see an “Open In..” option, which you will use to open the IPA in AltStore. This will start the installation process.
You might have to enter the Apple ID credentials during the installation process for certificate signing purposes. Make sure to use the same Apple ID that you used above.
If, for some reason, you don’t get the AltStore option in “Open In..,” you can go to Unc0ver’s website on your iPhone and download the IPA. This will bring up a prompt to open the app via AltStore.
- Go back to your iPhone’s home screen, launch Unc0ver, tap the Jailbreak button, and wait for the app to do its job. Your iPhone will respring during the process, after which you should see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
The jailbreak process may throw an error and fail for you. If that happens, restart your phone, open the Unc0ver app and try to jailbreak it again.
Voila! Your iOS device has been jailbroken.
If you face issues jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.5 using Unc0ver, drop a comment, and we will help you out.