How to Easily Disable Mouse Acceleration in Windows
This tutorial will explain how to disable mouse acceleration in Windows 10 by turning off pointer precision.
In principle, mouse acceleration is a helpful feature in Windows 10 — it proportionally increases the movement of your mouse pointer based on the speed with which you move it across the screen.
That way, you reach your target faster and work more efficiently. But unfortunately, it also means you’re far more likely to overshoot your target, which is annoying in daily use and extremely frustrating when playing games, where accuracy is critical.
The good news is that it’s easy to turn off — you need to disable the ironically named “Enhance pointer precision” setting, which does exactly the opposite of what its name implies.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/disable-mouse-acceleration-in-windows/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-09-07T14:58:25.000Z
- Go to the Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then Devices and Printers.
- Choose your mouse from the menu of devices.
- Click the Pointer Options tab in the Mouse Properties window.
- Uncheck the box next to Enhance pointer precision.
- Click Apply, then OK. You’re done!