How To Easily Reset FireStick Remote
You’ve recently purchased a new FireTV device, or your remote suddenly stop connecting, and you can turn on your TV. However, we’ve seen many people struggling with this same issue. In this article, we will be explaining how to reset the FireStick remote.
If your Amazon Fire TV Stick and the remote stops working, ensure you have fresh and robust batteries before resetting it. However, resetting a FireStick remote will refresh its connection and can also fix all sorts of bugs.
Unlike some devices, you can’t just reset a Firestick remote by flipping a switch. And the same buttons you need to press depending on what kind of remote you have.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-reset-firestick-remote/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-16T21:00:59.000Z
- Completely shut down your FireStick by removing the power cable.
- Now, wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the Left button, Menu button, and Back button on your remote for at least 12 seconds.
- Release the buttons and wait for another five seconds.
- Take out your remote’s batteries, plug your Firestick back in and wait another 60 seconds.
- Re-insert the batteries and push the Home button.
Don’t miss: 10 Best Selfie Sticks You Can Buy in 2021
Note: Completely back up your files as it removes everything, including your Amazon account.
However, follow the below steps to reset Firestick 4K to factory defaults:
- Boot into your Amazon FireTV Stick and stay on the Home Screen.
- Press and hold the Right navigation key + Back button for a few seconds on the remote.
- You’ll notice a notification that says “Your Fire TV Stick 4K is Powering Off“ on the screen.
- Your device will automatically turn off, and everything will be deleted.
- Now, you see the screen where you will be asked to set it up.
This is the oldest version of the Fire TV remote and doesn’t come bundled with any devices anymore.
- Press and hold the Home Button.
- Push the Menu button three times while holding the home button.
- Release the home button and press the Menu button nine times.
- Remove the batteries, unplug your Firestick and wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Set the batteries back to the remote and plug back in your FireStick.
- Then, press and hold the home button for 40 seconds when FireStick’s home page shows up.
- Now, wait a minute for the remote setup to finish.