How to Record FaceTime Calls on iPhone and Mac
Record FaceTime Calls– If there is one feature that anyone switching from Androidto iOS will likely miss and have no way of replacing easily, it’s the ability to record a phone call or any other type of call for that matter. It’s a security feature built into iOS that is actually rather important, although it does get in the way of recording calls for those of us who have memories that are nothing short of sieves.
You’ll find plenty of call recording apps for FaceTime and Skype. But if you’re only recording a couple of calls every year, you really don’t need to spend the money for a professional automatic call recording app. The built-in QuickTime recording feature is going to be enough.
You can use QuickTime to record calls from your Mac and from your iPhoneusing Mac.
- First, Launch the QuickTime app on your Mac and go to File > New Screen Recording. Using this feature you can record the screen on your Mac along with the audio.
- Click on the little arrow button and select the microphone. If you’re not using any headphones, select the Internal Microphone option.
- Click on the Record button. QuickTime will ask you which area you want to record. Highlight the area of the FaceTime window.
- Once the recording has started, start the call as you normally would.
- Once the call is over, click on the circle icon in the menu bar to stop recording.
- QuickTime will now show you the video you just recorded. You can preview it here.
- To save your recording, you need to export it. Go to File > Save and save it in a directory of your choice.
iOS 11added a screen recording feature on iPhone but it doesn’t work for calls as it won’t record the internal microphone. So if you want to record a FaceTime call that’s connecting using your iPhone, you’ll still need to use a Mac for the actual recording.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your Mac and then start the QuickTime app.
- Go to File> New Movie Recording.
- A new window will pop up with a preview of what Mac’s camera is seeing. Click on the arrow icon and change the camera and microphone source to your iPhone.
- Start the recording, make the call, and once you’re done, click the Record button once again to stop the recording.
- To export the video, go to File> Saveand save it to a folder.