How to Fix Roku Remote Volume Control not Working Issue
Roku remote volume control not working? If you’re having trouble with the volume button on your Roku remote. Don’t worry; we’ll help you fix the issue.
This article will explain how to fix it when Roku remote volume is not working.
The Roku remote’s volume button may be failing due to bad batteries. Check to see if the batteries are in good condition. If they aren’t, consider replacing them.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-fix-roku-remote-volume-control-not-working-issue/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-10T21:29:02.000Z
Try unpairing and re-pairing the device. Here’s how:
- Hold the Home, Back, and Pairing buttons simultaneously.
- Keep pressing until the LED indicator blinks three times.
- This will unpair the Roku remote. Confirm by pressing a few control buttons randomly. It will not do anything.
To re-pair the Roku remote with the device, follow the step below:
- Turn off the Roku device and remove the batteries.
- Now, turn on the Roku device.
- When the homepage appears, insert the batteries.
- Press the pairing button.
- Keep pressing until the LED light starts blinking.
This will initiate the pairing process; it might take a few seconds.
You might find the remote is adjusted to the volume, but it doesn’t do anything. If that’s the case, your TV might just be muted. Use your main TV remote to unmute it and see if that fixes the issue.
Sometimes, due to overheating, a Roku remote can start malfunctioning. If the back of your Roku remote is very hot to touch, stop using it. There is a high chance that the overheating is preventing the volume rocker from operating correctly.
To cool down the remote, place it down and let it cool.
If you have Private Listening engaged, the sound will be going to your smartphone or attached headphones instead of the TV. Toggle off Private Listening to get the sound back on your TV.
If none of the above methods work for you, your remote might have malfunctioned. Moreover, if the problem started persisting after your Roku remote underwent drop or water damage, you might have to buy a new remote.