In this article, we will teach you how to fix iPhoneby asking for 6-digit passcode after the iOS 15 update.
You have recently upgraded your iPhone to the latest version of iOS 15, and the iPhone is asking for 6-digit passcode after the update? Unfortunately, it leaves you confused and upset since you may have never set up the 6-digit passcode or the iPhone fails to recognize the passcode you enter and still asks you to enter the correct passcode.
Here are lists of ways to troubleshoot iPhone asking for 6-digit passcode after the iOS 15 update:
If you never set any password or confirm that you entered the correct password, you can try to force restart your iPhone, which will fix the convulsions on the updated iPhone.
Force Restart iPhone 6s and Earlier:
- Press and hold the “Home” and the “Wake/Sleep” buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons once you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Press and hold the “Wake/Sleep” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously.
- Then, release the buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Force Restart iPhone 12/11/X/8/8 Plus:
- Push the “Volume Up” button and release it quickly, and press the “Volume Down” button and release it instantly.
- Then, Push and hold the “Side/Power button” until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
A default password may bypass the iPhone asking for a 6-digit passcode problem if you have never set a screen passcode for your device. This has been proven to be useful for many users. For example, the iPhone default passcode could be 000000, 111111, or 123456. Input that 6-digit passcode one after the other and check if it works for you.
FoneGeek is a supported software you can use to remove 6-digit passcode from your iPhone.
- Launch the program on your PC. Then, click on “Unlock Screen Passcode” on the main interface.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB and wait for the program to recognize it.
- To enable the software to detect your iPhone, boot the device into DFU mode.
- FoneGeek will detect the iPhone firmware based on the device’s basic information (such as the device model and iOS version) once the device is booted in DFU mode. Confirm the information and click on “Download.”
- When the program has downloaded the firmware, click on “Start Unlock” and enter the number “000000” to confirm the unlock process.