How To Easily Disable Your Steam Overlay
Steam is an established program that offers direct purchase of games into your profile and installs them into the computer. However, it can also be called a digital platform to serve as a distributor of PC games. This article will help you learn everything you know on how to disable your Steam Overlay.
This feature allows you to check your achievements, open an internet browser, and message friends. In addition, however, Steam overlay provides regular updates to their games, fixture patches, and downloadable content.
For an average gaming PC, a good hardware configuration is the pre-condition. The steam Overlay option may cause performance issues to your PC only if you’re playing a game launched through Steam. This may lead to slower loading time or a drop in frame rates, etc.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-disable-your-steam-overlay/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-30T12:02:39.000Z
Don’t miss: How to Logout of Amazon from Various Devices.
However, once your PC has decent hardware specifications, using the steam overlay is not an issue. Furthermore, if you don’t want Steam Overlay because you don’t want any of your steam friends to connect with you while in the middle of the game, you can permanently disable the steam overlay.
Be sure your Steam is logged in and open.
- Launch and log in to your Steam on your PC.
- Click “Steam” at the top-right corner of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select “Settings” if you’re using a PC or “Preferences…” if you’re on a Mac.
- Once the ” Settings ” page opens, click the “In-Game” tab in the left sidebar.
- Uncheck the box that reads “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.”
- Click “OK” to confirm the changes.
By now, you should be able to open the overlay while in-game. Thanks for coming. I hope you enjoyed your reading!