In this article, we’ll explains how to delete an Amazon account permanently. Deliberate this act cautiously; in doing so, you’ll lose your purchase history, digital purchases, gift card balances and more.
Maybe you no longer want to support Amazon’s business practices or its provocative HR policies. Maybe you simply no longer use Amazon and want to remove your delicate financial data from the Internet. Whatever the reason, it’s a good idea to delete your account.
But be warned, you’d have to arm yourself with tolerance first!
How to Close Your Amazon Account
- Go to Close Your Amazon Account.
- Sign into the account you want to close.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose the reason for closing your account from a drop-down menu.
- Tick the box next to Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete my data and click Close my Account.
- Amazon will send you a link via email or a text message to confirm your action.
Click the Confirm Account Closure link you received.
Don’t miss: How To Use The Youtube Video Manager
What happens when you delete your Amazon account?
There are numerous services linked to your Amazon account that will no longer work after erasure. You’ll also lose entree to a lot of digital content.
Before you can delete your account for good, Amazon’s customer service team will send you an email with a detailed rundown of what will happen. Before that, however, it’s a good idea to check if there are any preparations you need to make. When you delete your account, you would;
- Lose access to all your Amazon accounts, including Audible.com and accounts on different country domains (like amazon.co.uk and amazon.de).
- Drop access to digital content linked to your account, like Kindle ebooks, digital music, Amazon apps, and Prime videos.
- Be unable to use your Amazon gift cards or other vouchers.
- Not be able to return or refund items ordered by that account.
- Lack initiating Textbook Rental returns — but you will be held accountable for any outstanding rentals.
- Lose access to the content in your Games & Software Library.
- Your reviews, posts, and other social content will be removed.
Can I reopen a closed Amazon account?
Once your account is closed, there is no way back. You won’t be able to access it and review your personal information such as purchase history and invoices.
If you change your mind after a while and decide to use Amazon services — you’ll have to create a new account.
Suggestion: Calling an Amazon customer service representative is encouraged because you’ll be able to discuss downloading and saving your data, and they can answer any questions about your account closure.
Amazon Digital Assets
If you’ve purchased digital assets through Amazon, such as Kindle material, Amazon Music, or Amazon App Store content, you’ll lose access after deleting your Amazon account. You won’t be able to use Amazon Pay anymore, and any data stored in an Amazon Drive or Amazon Photos account will be deleted.
Suggestion: If you’re unhappy with an Amazon service, such as Amazon Fresh or Amazon Prime, consider canceling it rather than closing your entire Amazon account for good.
- How To Fix Instagram Notifications Not Working
- VPN: All You Need To Know About VPNs, What They Do And How To Use Them
- How To Easily Convert YouTube Videos To MP3