By default, saying “Alexa” near an Alexa speaker will activate the voice assistant and it will begin listening for your requests or commands. However, wondering how to change Alexa’s name? Whether someone in your family shares Alexa’s name, or you’d simply prefer to say something else, you can change the wake word of Amazon’s personal assistant to an entirely different one of your choosing.
However, if you’re having unwanted activations changing the wake word will certainly help.
How To Change Your Alexa’s Name
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap the three line menu button on the top left of the screen.
Don’t miss: How To Use Text-to-Speech On Discord
- Select Settings, then Device Settings.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Wake Word.’ Select Alexa, Amazon, Echo, or Computer, depending on your preference.
Note: After you’ve changed it to one of the alternatives, you can change it back to Alexa if your preference changes. Simply follow the steps above.
- What Is A Good CPU Temp And How To Improve It
- How To Uninstall Fortnite On Windows 10
- How To Take A Screenshot On An HP Laptop Or Desktop