ESPN Plus is a standalone service offering live and replayed coverage of sports, original shows, and specials unique to the service. But ESPN+ is a paid video streaming service. As a result, sometimes users want to cancel due to being too expensive in their current situation. This guide will show you how to cancel your ESPN Plus subscription.
ESPN+ is easy to subscribe to, and it’s easy to cancel. And that’s the way it should be. This is an excellent way for anyone to watch game after game, even if you don’t have a cable or live TV streaming subscription. However, what if you subscribed just for college basketball season, and you’re ready to call “timeout” until next fall? Or what if the ESPN+ cost is just too much for you?
By itself, ESPN runs you about $5.99 per month or $49.99 annually. However, there are also better Disney-based bundles that include ESPN Plus and Hulu for $12.99.
We’ve stepped through canceling the ESPN Plus service differently, as it’s a little complicated depending on how you subscribed. Of course, ESPN makes it easy to get ESPN Plus, but removing it isn’t hard. It just takes a few steps.
How to cancel ESPN+
- Visit ESPN.com/watch/espnplus
- Click your profile icon.
- Please select the option to Manage my ESPN+ subscription.
- Click Manage under your ESPN+ subscription card.
- Click the option to cancel your subscription and confirm your cancellation.
How to cancel ESPN Plus in-app purchase through the Play Store or App Store
This method works for users that sign up using their mobile phone, for Apple App Store subscribers. Follow the highlighted steps below:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap your name
- Tap Subscriptions. (If you don’t see “Subscriptions,” tap “iTunes & App Store” instead. Then tap your Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to Subscriptions, and tap Subscriptions.)
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is already canceled and won’t renew.
Canceling ESPN Plus from other providers: Roku, Amazon, and more
It may be you’ve been signed up to ESPN Plus from another provider, like Roku or Amazon or iTunes, etc.
You might be ready to leave and cancel your ESPN Plus subscription, but getting it done will require a few steps. Thankfully ESPN Plus has published a guide for canceling with Roku, a guide for canceling with Amazon, and a guide for iTunes. Specific instructions are available for each provider.
That’s it. Your ESPN Plus subscription is canceled! Of course, you can continue using it through your existing billing cycle. It’s pretty easy to re-sign up if you decide you want to check what’s cooking.
Other ESPN+ Cancellation Methods
There are other ways to cancel your ESPN+ service if you don’t want to use the method above:
- Email: Send an email to [email protected] containing your account details and your cancellation request. It should be sent from the email account used to create your ESPN+ account and include all pertinent details, except your password and credit card number.
- Phone: You can also cancel your subscription the old-fashioned way by calling 1-800-727-1800.
- How To Cancel Your CBS All Access Subscription
- Does ESPN+ Offers A Free Trial? Everything You Need To Know
- How To Cancel Your Disney Plus Subscription
- How To Cancel An Over-The-Air iOS Update in Progress