You’re tired of receiving spam messages or unwanted texts on your smart device. However, this situation always occurs on phones used for business tasks, communicating with friends, and keeping in contact with the office. In this article, you will be learning how to block text messages on a Samsung Galaxy device.
Furthermore, this blocking feature on your device is beneficial, especially when you’re trying to avoid calls like a random harasser or someone you don’t want to contact on your phone.
How To Block Messages On Samsung
Blocking text messages on Samsung phones is quite simple, and there are different ways to get it done.
Don’t miss: How to Permanently Delete a Blizzard Account
Blocking Text Messages Via Settings
Here is how to block messages on Samsung. This step works for Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S10, and S20 devices.
- Launch your Text Message App on your Samsung.
- Search for Receive Text Messages from the intruder’s number.
- Locate three-dot at the top right corner of your phone, and click it to open the Menu.
- Choose Block Number or Block Contact from the drop-down menu.
- Now click OK to complete the process.
Block Spam Texts on Samsung Galaxy with Google Hangouts
This walkthrough only applies to Samsung Galaxy S9. If you want to block some text messages on your device with Google Hangouts. Follow the below steps to get it done:
- Launch Google Hangouts on your device.
- Locate and open the conversation thread of the contact you intend to block.
- Click on the 3-dots menu icon at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap People & Options. On the next screen, you’ll see the block option. Click it to complete the steps.
- How To Check If a Phone Is Unlocked
- How to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error in Google Chrome
- How To Fit It When A MacBook Pro Keyboard Isn’t Working