How to Block and Unblock Someone on Facebook
Blocking on Facebook means a person’s posts won’t enter your feed, your content won’t be served to them, they won’t be able to send you messages, tag you, invite you to events and groups, start a conversation with you, or add you as a friend. This walkthrough will show you how to block and unblock someone on Facebook.
Maybe you’re tired of a person’s post, and you want some space from such a friend; apart from unfriending them, you can as well block them. The good news is that unblocking can be undone without letting the friend know you removed them in the first place.
- Log into your Facebook account and locate the person to be blocked by searching for their name or scrolling through your friends’ list.
- Near the top right of your friend’s timeline, find the three horizontal dots and click them.
- From the dropdown menu that appears, click “Block.”, then “Confirm,” followed by “Okay.”
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-block-and-unblock-someone-on-facebook/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-09-02T01:20:06.000Z
That’s it! They’re blocked. They won’t see what you post, you won’t see what they post, they are no longer listed as a friend on your page, and they can’t send you messages, either.
- The first thing you should do is open the Facebook app you have on your Android device. Then tap on the menu button in the top right corner (or the arrow facing down), scroll down until you see “Account Settings and privacy,” and tap on it.
- In the column on the left side of the screen, click “Blocking.”
- On the next page, see which users you have blocked, and, if you want to bring one back into the fold, click “Unblock” beside their name.
- Click “Confirm” on the pop-up window.
Now, your friend is unblocked, and they are again listed as a friend, and they never even knew you had severed ties.
Note: Once you unblock someone, you can’t block them again for the next 48 hours. So if you don’t want to block someone fully, consider unfollowing them instead.