How to Easily Access your Router Settings
Sometimes you learn how to access your router’s settings in case you want to upgrade your firmware, or you need to tweak some settings to make your Wi-Fi better. In this article, we will be talking about how to access your Router settings easily.
If you’re like most Americans with broadband Internet, you probably have a router at home which broadcasts the Wi-Fi network that your devices use. Many people rent a modem from their Internet provider, which has a Wi-Fi router built-in, but it’s also common to buy one of the best cable modems and routers to avoid paying your ISP rental fees. Plus, the best Wi-Fi routers offer great performance and extra security features.
Following the steps outlined below, which are written with the assumption that you have access to a Windows PC, should make the process smoother. If you run into any issues, contact your router’s manufacturer for help with troubleshooting. Many routers use 192.168.1.1 as their default IP address, but yours might differ. Here’s how to find out for sure:
- Connect your router’s Wi-Fi network with your Laptop.
- Launch open the Command Prompt by clicking the Start button and typing “command.”
- Then select Command Prompt from the results) and type ipconfig into the command line.
- Scroll down till you see an Ethernet adapter or Wireless LAN adapter.
- You’ll see an address list next to Default Gateway is your router’s IP address.