Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is typically encountered by Hulu users when they attempt to stream content via Roku, PC, or from a Smart TV.
These errors are very annoying, especially when trying to stream live content. Fortunately, Hulu error code PLAREQ17 can be fixed easily.
This article explains how to fix Hulu error code PLAREQ17 and help you get back to streaming your favorite content.
Why Am I Getting Hulu Error Code PLAREQ17?
Hulu playback failures can have several root causes. Still, failures associated with the PLAREQ17 code usually occur on Roku devices and Roku TVs that cannot obtain data from the Hulu server.
Here are some other reasons you might be getting Hulu error code PLAREQ17:
- Internet connection doesn’t meet the minimum requirements
- Network restriction
- Network inconsistency
- The connection is refused due to a VPN or Proxy Server
How to Fix the Hulu Error Code PLAREQ17
Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to diagnose and fix Hulu error code PLAREQ17.
Check Your Internet Connection
Before you try any other fixes, you should start by ensuring that the current network you’re connected to is not interfering with Hulu.
An unstable connection, slow connection, or lack of an internet connection will cause the PLAREQ17 error code to appear.
Roku recommends at least 3+ Mbps for standard definition and 5+ Mbps for high definition.
Reboot or Reset Modem
One of the most common instances that will cause Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is a network inconsistency facilitated by an IP or TCP issue with the way your router manages the exchange of data.
To fix the issue, restart or reset your router. Here’s how:
- Press the power button on the back of your router to turn the device off.
- Please wait for 30 seconds before turning it back on.
- Now, attempt to stream content from Hulu and see if the error code is gone.
If you’re still seeing Hulu error code PLAREQ17, you might have to reset your router. Here’s how:
- Use a sharp object to press the reset button on the back of your router.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds or until you see the front LEDs flashing simultaneously.
- Now, release the reset button and see if you are required to reinsert the ISP credentials.
Try a Different Wireless Network or Ethernet Connection
Try a different wireless network if you have one available. You may be able to fix the problem, but verifying that Hulu works on a different network will narrow the problem down to your wireless network.
If your Roku has the option to use an Ethernet connection, try that instead. If it works, you will need to figure out a way to use a wired connection.
Disable VPN or Proxy Server
If you’re using a proxy server or some VPN client that works at a system level, the problem is caused by Hulu’s refusal to work through filtered connections.
Hulu is notoriously known for causing various issues with Proxy and VPN networks, so if you’re using one of these two options, you need to turn them off whenever you attempt to stream content from Hulu.
- How to Fix Hulu Error Code PLAUNK65
- How to Easily Fix Roku Error Code 009
- Why Does Hulu Keep Buffering and How to Fix the Issue
- How to Easily Fix Roku Error Code 003
- How to Easily Fix the Network Connection Error on Hulu