An anti-virus is a type of software that detects, deletes and or neutralize computer-based viruses. In this guide, we highlight the best Antivirus Software in 2021
On the other hand, a virus is a program that can secretly attach itself between computers via networks especially the internet or a removable storage such as disks and USB drives, and often causes damage to systems and data.
Computer viruses can also be used steal your information and collect data from your device.
When browsing on the internet, you must have come across pop-up ads and although some of them are not necessarily viruses, most of them actually are.
These viruses covertly transmit themselves on your device and cause unwanted actions. They do a lot of damages to one’s device, causing loss of data, stealing of data and permanent damages and alterations to a victim’s device.
Don’t miss: What Is Microsoft Sway And How To Use It
Not to worry though, as hackers and illicit programmers work hard in their craft to create more despicable viruses, anti-virus providers also work extremely hard to combat these viruses. In this article, we would enlighten you on the best anti-virus software of 2021.
Run-down Of The Best Antivirus Software In 2021
- Bitdefender Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Avira Antivirus
- F-Secure Safe Antivirus Protection
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security
- Avast Antivirus
Note: The above list is not in a ranking order. It is just a plain rundown of the top ruling antivirus software currently.
Specifications Of The Above Listed Antivirus Software
1. Bitdefender Antivirus
Also read: What Is Microsoft Planner And How To Use It
This is a well-rounded antivirus protection program. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is easy to get up and running with a simple installation process. (However, be aware that creating an online account, including an email address is required prior to the initial download and install.) Once installed, the high ease-of-use continues –
Bitdefender makes it really easy to protect your PC and keep you informed as to what threats are attacking you and when they’re vanquished.
Advanced Features Of Bitdefender
- Wi-Fi security scanning
- Banking protection
- Secure file deletion
- Vulnerability scanner
- Password manager
- Multi-layered anti-ransomware
- VPN option
Downside Of Bitdefender Antivirus
- Antivirus Plus only protects three Windows devices without paying more for additional licenses
- It is also resource intensive when running, which is a downside for older and less robust systems.
- Minor ransomware clean-up niggles
2. Norton Antivirus
Don’t miss: Here’s How To Turn Off Safe Mode On Android
Norton Antivirus is one of the most common antivirus software. It has earned its reputation over the ages since its inception. With regular updates and added features, it stands out as a competent antivirus software.
Advanced Features Of Norton Antivirus
- Advanced privacy security
- Financial security
- Global civilian intelligence network
- URL blocker feature
- Intelligent Firewall
Downside Of Norton Antivirus
- More performance impact than top rivals
- More performance impact than top rivals
- Heavy on eating up on system resources
3. Kaspersky Antivirus
This provides first rate protection with zero tolerance.
Advanced Features Of Kaspersky Antivirus
- Highly configurable virus scans
- Drive-by crypto mining infection prevention
Downside Of Kaspersky
- No recent updates
- Limited VPN
- Supports only Internet Explorer
4. Avira Antivirus
Don’t miss: How To Take Screenshots On Samsung Phones
In truth, Avira is probably best known for its Avira Free antivirus option (which is among the best out there), but its premium packages should not be sniffed at – especially when you consider the incredible price you can now pay for its Antivirus Pro package.
Advanced Features Of Avira
- Great value with our exclusive deal
- Impressive anti-phishing and web protection
- Configure as you like it
- Free (but limited to 1GB monthly) VPN – are now better integrated within the UI overall.
Downside Of Avira
Ratings from some independent test labs are a concern
5. F-secure Antivirus Protection
Easy to use antivirus software.
Also read: How To Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 10
Advanced Features Of F-Secure Safe
- Browsing and banking protection
- Family Rules
- Ransomware protection
- Strong value
- Mobile device finder
Downside To F-Secure Safe
- Overly sensitive
- False positives
6. Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
A simple, easy light-weight antivirus.
Advanced Features Of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
- Always-on security
- Identity protection
- Real-time anti-phishing
- Firewall monitor
Downside Of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
There is just one major downside to this antivirus and that is that it has not yet under gone performance test and reviews yet by the major labs.
7. Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security
This is an Accomplished fire-and-forget antivirus solution.
Advanced Features Of Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security
- Ransomware monitoring
- Pay Guard banking protection
- High-quality URL blocking
Downside Of Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security
- Not as many features as some rivals
- Limited configurability
- Limited to novices
8. Avast Antivirus
Rings a bell, right? The avast has been around ever since the thought of antiviruses.
Avast’s Premium Security adds a whole load of features on top of the firm’s famous free antivirus offering. That includes – but isn’t limited to – a capable firewall, a file shredder, plus a useful Wi-Fi Inspector that keeps an eye on your network for vulnerabilities.
Don’t miss: What Is A PDF File: Everything You Need To Know
Advanced Features Of Avast
- Ransomware Shield
- Real Site DNS hijack prevention
- Wi-Fi Inspector
Downside To Avast
- May slow down your PC more than rivals
- Web protection isn’t up there with the best
Some other antivirus soft ware includes, Sophos antivirus, Eset NOD32 Antivirus, McAFee Antivirus, comodo windows antivirus amongst many others.
- What Is An XML File And How Do I Open One
- How To Sign Out Of Gmail With One Tap
- What Is Patreon: Everything You Need To Know