Audiobooks are becoming more rampant and needed now. One of the top providers of Audiobooks is Audible. With distinctive special features that they can boast of, Audible original is fast rising to the peak. In this article, we will detailed what Audible is and everything you need to know.
The creation of original content is one of their best features. Daily deals, exclusive packages, unlimited access, etc are just a few of their exciting features.
Here, we will break down everything from how Audible works to its membership perks.
How Audible Works
Don’t miss: What Is Grubhub? Everything You Need To Know
Audible has a variety of subscription services with four basic membership plans. Each credit on their plans is worth a single title.
Once the credits for a month or year are exhausted, you can still get titles at a 30% discount for existing members.
You have to first sign up before you can use Audible. To sign up you would need your Amazon account and download the Audible app. The compatible devices with the Audible app include:
- Cell phones
Buying Audio Books
The Audible books are added to your account once the purchase is complete. It is then delivered to you in a DRM-protected audio file format.
It is yours forever just like a hardcover or paper back. You can listen to it anytime you wish.
Audible Original Contents
Audible produces original content that they call “Originals”. They aren’t books though. They are musical productions of certain events and facts.
While their format may be different, they are treated like books when it comes to purchasing them, and they aren’t available anywhere else.
Audible’s Subscription Plans
Audible has a variety of plans you want depending on your budget and preference.
- Monthly Gold: 1 credit per month at $14.95 per credit
- Monthly Platinum: 2 credits per month at $11.48 per credit or $22.95 per month
- Gold Annual Special: 12 credits per year at $9.96 per credit in year one and $12.46 per credit thereafter or $119.50 for the first year and $149.50 for every year after
- Platinum Annual: 24 credits per year at $9.57 per credit or $229.50 per year
In addition, all members get an additional 30% off any titles purchased without credits, two free Audible Originals and can exchange any audiobooks you don’t love within a year of purchase.
Don’t miss: How To Do A Hanging Indent In Google Docs
Audible Books A La Carte
This simply means that you can purchase from the storefront in the Audible app or choosing Audiobook as the format for your purchase.
You can also browse and purchase titles through Amazon.
How To Get Audible Versions Of Books You Own
You can get the narration of books you already own.
You can do this by:
- Go to Amazon’s website, Amazon.com
- Select Account & Lists menu.
- Select Your content and devices.
- Look for the book you want and open it’s overflow menu
- Click “Add Narration” in a popup window that appears
- Complete the payment process, and your book is available to you via Audible and Kindle.
Note: The Whispersync feature retains your place in a book, whether you’re reading or listening. That means you can read part of a chapter at night on your Kindle Paperwhite, for example, and then finish it via Audible on the way into work the next morning.
How To return Audible Audiobooks
Returning Audible Audiobooks could be due to a lot of reasons. You can return them to get credits back.
Here’s to return them:
- Go to the Audible website with your computer and log into your account.
- Select your name and then “Account Details” from the dropdown menu
- On the menu, near the left side, click “Purchase History”
- From here, you’ll see a list of the titles that you have purchased and details such as when they were purchased and how, by credit of money and how much you paid. Find the title you want to return and click the “Return Order” button on the right.
- That’s all. You’ll have your credits refunded and can keep browsing
How To Sign Up For Audible
Don’t miss: Here’s How To Get Netflix Student Discount
Signing up for an Audible account is easy. Since Audible is a division of Amazon, it uses your Amazon account to sign you in and process purchases. If you have an Amazon account, all you need to do is sign in with it and start browsing for your trial book.
In case you don’t have an Amazon account, here’s how to sign up for Audible:
- Go to Audible’s free trial page and select Click to Try Audible Free.
- A form requesting your name, email address, and a password to create an Amazon account is provided. Fill it and click continue
- Then select the Audible trial by inputting a payment method.
Your account is set up and ready to go.
Audible begins charging you the monthly subscription fee after 30 days, so make sure you cancel before then if you don’t intend to continue with the service. However, any items you picked up during your trial (books and/or Originals) are yours to keep, even if you cancel.
Perks of Being a Member
- Audible Originals: These are titles created only for it and produced by the Audible studios. They range from theater productions to lectures on brain chemistry to romance novels.
- News: Top stories from leading news publications from all around the country. Subscribe to one or more at no extra cost for members.
- Meditation and Fitness: This feature offers audio-guided classes. You can do weekly classes or a complete program. Whether you want to run a mile or calm your mind, there’s a program for you.
- Audible Escape: For an additional $6.95 a month, you get access to a vast library of romance titles. You can add up to ten romance titles to your library at a time. You’ll know which romance titles fall under the Escape package by the pink logo in the corner.
Also read: How To Fix The Disney Plus Error Code 83
- Audible Latino: This also features hundreds of titles translated into Spanish.
- What Is A Network Security Key And How Do You Find It?
- How To Convert ePub To Mobi
- What To Do When Your Firestick Remote Not Working